maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

JWOC in Poland

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 6 July 2004, 7:20 AM  
Just the website for those who are interested.

http://www.wksflotagdynia.pl/jwoc2004.htm

Middle Dist Qualification is first up. Should be tonight NZ time I guess? Start list is posted.

Greg should be pretty good as the maptalk man in the field.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 6 July 2004, 8:42 AM  
Poland is 10 hours behind NZ so the first starts for the middle distance qualifier of 10am will be 8pm NZ time.

Good luck guys

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 6 July 2004, 10:33 AM  
And girls... Go Claire!

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 7 July 2004, 12:14 AM  
Bad luck Martin, in the other two heats you would have qualified with being 3 1/2 minutes behind the winner but still a performance to be proud of! And better luck next time, Claire, I guess you must have made some mistakes because you're good enough to be up there with them. And the same goes for Tim and Chris - Good luck everyone for the finals (although I guess you won't read this in time because you're surely in bed by now!)

(It's very frustrating to be in Sweden and not be able to run in the forest - walking is nice but it's just not the same!)

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 7 July 2004, 2:25 AM  
Hanny Alston's results is pretty scary.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 7 July 2004, 5:41 PM  
Martins was a bit hard done by, otherwise same old story running too fast (well at least for Tim) Today was alot better, boys went out for clean runs and came back mostly satisfied. All should be able to improve in the classic tomorrow as they were training and running really well before hand and now that the first races are out of the way they should be a bit more settled.

Show Profile  That Claire Girl Posted: 7 July 2004, 5:57 PM  
I was very dissapointed with my run yesterday, lots of smaller mistakes, each costing me time. I was incredibly nervous just before starting and i think it must have affected me, I put too much pressure on myself i think.
Today i decided beforehand that i should save some energy for the classic tomoro, and hence not go all out today - especially as it only B final which means shit all to most people over here. My goal was to just have a clean run to be in good mind for tomoro, and i almost did that, 2 errors on route to controls, but no mistakes on controls. With not going full effort, i am quite happy with my 12th place in the B final.
I am just hoping tomoro is clean, and i have enough stamina left for the 8.1km course with something like 390m climb.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 8 July 2004, 7:16 PM  
OK runs? Seems like you all had OK, without being your best runs? Pretty steady anyway.

Please pass on my congratulations to Seline! I was surprised that she hadn't qualified for the middle because I thought she was good enough to be right up there and it seems like she definitely is really good.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 8 July 2004, 7:55 PM  
Classic: Most of us are happy with our results, the orienteering was clean (or almost clean), just not quick enough. No diasasters like last year!

Personally i was pleased with my result, no big mistakes. Tim had a few small errors but was also pretty pleased with his run. Chris was in the 3rd block and had a slightly warmer run. he was much more satisfied today than in the middle dist. races.

Show Profile  That Claire Girl Posted: 9 July 2004, 12:40 AM  
I was (again!!) not very satisfied with my run in the classic, I made 2 smallish errors and a pretty major route choice error, but was generally feeling pretty shit physically - not nearly fast enough. I have ended up in top 50 (47th) so at least it is better than last year, but i was hoping for much better. Oh well, it is over now... I have managed to get a first leg run for 2 Croatian girls in the relay, so heres hoping i have some legs left...

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 9 July 2004, 1:17 AM  
Well done guys and gals. Top 50 is definitely respectable Claire.

Good luck with the relay, have fun at the social function and I will see some of you over there in a week or so!!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 12 July 2004, 4:56 PM  
Once again the NZ team was well represented at the party!

Only set backs in the morning were the mess and Claires 'dehydration headache' plus the 5.30am train for Me and Claire

I had a good time thanks Guys and Girl

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz