maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Nude-O

Show Profile  Brenda Boghopper Posted: 9 March 2004, 1:55 PM  
Controversy across the Tasman! The bigwigs of Orientering Australia have taken their magazine editor to task about a photo in the December Australian Orienteer. It showed "Yet another form of orienteering: Nude-O". With a picture of 8 participants in "the first nude-O event in sand-dune terrain next to a nudist beach on the Mediterranean coast of Spain. Apparently they had people blotting out the private parts with a black pen before dispatch!!!

Just as well the good people don't live in New Zealand. What would they have done during tonight's TV1 News, which featured Michaelangelo's statue of David being cleaned? Not a fig leaf in sight...

Show Profile  Brenda Boghopper Posted: 1 April 2004, 1:58 AM  
And how about this for political correctness? Don Brash, we need you to stand for IOF...

The IOF website has announced a revision of the international control descriptions. Some of the symbols are being dropped because they are deemed offensive to ethnic and religious minorities and homosexuals.

The abandoned symbols include the "deep" symbol which is said to resemble a hooked nose and cause offence to Jews; "ruined or collapsed" which looks like a limp wrist; and the diagonal road and track symbols which coujld be taken to look like a slanted eye. The IOF is hoping for increased orienteering in China following the Park World Tour races and subsequent work there by Jorgen Martensson.

Another dropped sign is the dot knoll which is felt might be taken as a spot in the middle of a forehead, and hold up efforts to introduce orienteering to the Indian subcontinent.

Show Profile  fat Posted: 1 April 2004, 2:22 AM  
good one

Show Profile  fat Posted: 1 April 2004, 2:22 AM  
not

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 1 April 2004, 1:32 PM  
Those are so petty and some of the silliest things I've heard

Show Profile  MAMBO339 Posted: 1 April 2004, 1:51 PM  
The last person we need in orienteering is a dickhead like Don Brash

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 1 April 2004, 2:03 PM  
I heard they were going to ban the spur symbol due to it's phallic connotations but I guessed they ‘pulled that one out’ ;-)

Show Profile  mark Posted: 2 April 2004, 2:22 AM  
Don Brash is da man. I'm voting for him

Show Profile  mark Posted: 2 April 2004, 2:23 AM  
for IOF president

Show Profile  Brenda Boghopper Posted: 10 June 2004, 12:17 PM  
O Sport magazine continues to delight. Latest issue pokes the piss at OFA and its reaction to the nude-o picture. While featuring photos of an ozzie team member nude rollerblading behind a car doing 115kmh! Nice one B-J...

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz