maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

5 NZers qualify for A FInals

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 16 July 2003, 12:44 AM  
Al, Greg, Marquita, Mark L and Royce all qualified comfortably after the second day qualification races - all improved their placings, especially Royce who was 5th in her heat overnight. Garden missed out - finishing 21st overall in his heat (16 to qualify).

Al was 2nd overall in his heat, Greg 3rd - if they run OK can see Al getting a top 5 finish and Greg a top 10 - will be good efforts as these grades are pretty competitive this year.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 16 July 2003, 4:33 AM  
Where do you find who qualified, or the numbers that qualified? I read that they would divide equally between A and B finals with at least half in the A final. Bunny was in the upper half of her heat (just) so I thought she must have qualified fo the A but presumably not?

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 16 July 2003, 4:40 AM  
Oops - I missed Bunny. Make that 6. 80 qualify for A finals.

Rule change splitting classes with less than 160 competitors equally into A/B finals comes into effect 2004 (I think)

Edited by - HeadHoncho on 16/07/2003 12:45:32

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 16 July 2003, 5:43 AM  
If it really is 80 then doesn't Ann Scott qualify too, 33rd in one of two heats? Do I detect a North Island bias in your reporting...?
Ann doesn't make it according to the half-of-the-field for less than 160 competitors criteria I read in the programme posted on the website though.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 16 July 2003, 6:52 AM  
no there is no bias - just trolling through the results on the website is a time consuming exercise and I did it quickly.

I thought the rule change was in effect from 2004 - seems it may have been this year.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz