maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Wheres the Carnage!

Show Profile  AndrewT Posted: 26 June 2003, 9:56 AM  
So, i download this movie called carnage hill, and lo and behold - the carnage is minimal.

Wheres the hardcore endos and scraped elbows!

Next time paul, try a little harder to get that ACC payment ey...

Show Profile  AndrewT Posted: 26 June 2003, 9:58 AM  
Perhaps people can tell tales of major carnage that has happened to them....im sure more than a few orienteers have been in the wars.

Me - I have taken off half my lower arm coming off a skateboard at 40km (arms are quite sturdy brake pads it turns out).....got me a nice good old scar. I also dislocated my shoulder and half a year later broke the collar bone on that shoulder when mountain biking.

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 26 June 2003, 12:34 PM  
aged 13, i jumped head first through an open window and hit my face on a table, simultaneously puncturing my lower lip with my two front teeth and snapping said teeth in half. they have now been substituted by infinitely more expensive and slightly less effective porcelain replacements.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 27 June 2003, 1:13 AM  
Lets have orienteering carnage.

Like the tosser who ran into a road sign while running down a road reading his map and ending up in hospital with his thumb nearly cut off.

He didn't feel too much of an idiot though - while awaiting in A and E was sitting next to someone who had run over their foot with the lawnmower.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 27 June 2003, 2:13 AM  
Andrew, don't forget the time you broke your toe while walking around the house.

Show Profile  AndrewT Posted: 27 June 2003, 4:25 AM  
Heh - I did forget.

And I was walking 'briskly'.....

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 27 June 2003, 6:42 AM  
JK97 - little known orienteer mIchael french ran into a tree during the relay competition and knocked himself out. he stumbled back to the assembly area upon awakening, and was whisked off to hospital by helicopter. on arrival at the hospital, he was lowered from the helicopter, strapped to a stretcher. unfortunately the two guys carrying the stretcher dropped it, and poor old michael was helpless as he landed face down on the tarmac.

Show Profile  fancy_michael Posted: 28 June 2003, 3:22 PM  
quote:
Like the tosser who ran into a road sign while running down a road reading his map..
Ha ha -Bruce C will tell you that I've done that with a power pole!!
Bruce came puffing out of the forest, to see me staggering about with blood pissing out of my head -so being the gentleman he is, he offered to wrap his shirt around the gash. When he returned to the finish he was heard to say "I didn't mind stopping and I didn't mind giving him my shirt -but the little bugger ran off so fast I couldn't keep up with him!"
Speaking of carnage hill... why hasn't Mick put up the other video clips yet???

Edited by - fancy_michael on 28/06/2003 22:23:58

Show Profile  addison Posted: 29 June 2003, 7:54 AM  
I think he is using them for like a promo video disk thing for schools or something. Well that sorta thing was the plan.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 29 June 2003, 9:22 AM  
Laurence Mote ran into a tree while map reading during a tourney race. Claimed the time spent stopping the resulting nose bleed lost him a couple of places. Must have decided to concentrate on Mountain biking as it was safer??

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 29 June 2003, 12:55 PM  
I was 8 days into a three month stay in Sweden when I smashed my knee open on a rock and cracked my patella.
We were doing exercises where someone starts 30secs to a minute in front and you chase them down over about 1.5 km. I heard my prey in front for the first time and tried to put on a spurt. I fell and saw the corner of rock I was about to hit, but felt no pain and thought a miracle had happened. In an attempt to keep running my good leg went fine but my bad leg took less and less weight until I was horizontal again, about 4 metres on. I wrapped my shirt around my leg and walked out to the road and waited till some people were driving away from the event and saw me there.

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 29 June 2003, 7:05 PM  
i was orienteering on old army training grounds near basingstoke, UK, when i stepped on a forgotten landmine. I was instantly pulverised into several small pieces but luckily managed to gather up the various parts and temporarily repair the damage with a tourniquet i made from my o-shirt, and swabbed up the excess blood with my control card which was fortunately made out of a semi porous cardboard material. thanks to the wonders of modern medicine and the swift efficiency of the st johns ambulance who administered aspirin and iced the wounds using a bag of frozen peas, i was lucky to walk away with just a few superficial flesh wounds.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz