maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Superseries Results

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 April 2003, 6:49 PM  
Event 1 Craigmore. M21E Markham 81-15, Stewart (J) 105-58, Bradshaw 106-54. W21E Smith (Rach) 73-39, Kane 82-07, Prince 87-20. Huge margins, I bet these numbers hide some strange tales...

Michael

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 6 April 2003, 8:53 AM  
25 Min!!

Jason is amazing.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 April 2003, 10:44 AM  
And here are the top results from event 2 at Tekapo. A bit more predictable than the day before, although 4-5min leads on relatively straightforward terrain are pretty impressive. Jason and Rachel consolidate their series leads, and of course Southerly Storm takes an early lead in the regional competition.

M21E
1 Carsten Jorgensen, PAPO, 54:30
2 Rob Jessop, AOC, 59:36
3 Jason Markham, PAPO 59:50
W21E
1 Rachel Smith PAPO, 57:22
2 Penny Kane, DOC, 61:42
3 Jenni Adams PAPO 62:39

Michael Wood

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 7 April 2003, 6:28 AM  
some inside thoughts...

Craigmore

Jason smashed us. I got second despite the fact I saw Jason lounging in the finish area as I went through to start my second loop ( I started 6 behind him).

Jenni and Carsten supplied us with a technically hard race, which going by the carnage observed was the most extreme seen in New Zealand for many a long summer.

Nobody else coped, excepting maybe Rachel

Lara caught Penny then blew out......big time

Tekapo,

The big spread in times was probably understandable at Craigmore, but Tekapo??

Carsten 54, Rob/Jason 59, Mark 62, Jamie 66, Greg 72....thats too big a spread for a fast map even if we take out Carsten

not impressed by the elite who threw his map on the ground in disgust upon entering the finish despite been fastest NZer

Interesting that some of the girls can see Rachel's time whereas the fellas can't see Jason/Rob, lets remove all mention of Carsten for a while.

so nationals,

which New Zealander can beat Jason??? Rob J, well maybe if he keeps it together, Darren, what forms he in....realistically I can't see a Nzer beating Jason in the classic, as for the short well its anyones game.

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 7 April 2003, 7:52 AM  
Don't discount Phil Wood. I think the area of Woodhill hosting the Classic should give him great confidence and, although just my speculation, being technically easier than the usual woodhill his strength and endurance should see him through. $5 on Phil. What are my odds Jamie?

Edited by - stu barr on 7/04/2003 14:53:29

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 April 2003, 9:19 AM  
Point scores now on the SS website Link

Michael Wood

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 7 April 2003, 2:45 PM  
Jamie who said they couldn't see Rob's time on Sunday???

Judging by the splits alot of the others can see his time and again going by Robs splits he could have been close to Carsten (although Carstens time was very impressive)

Main problem I heard from everyone was 1st race rustyness, lots of little mistakes from not having o'ed at such speed in such a race for a while, I'll put money on nationals being a hell of alot closer

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 7 April 2003, 2:59 PM  
Michael what are the rules for the 'Regional Competition' they way I read the rules was of place of current abode, not of club you belong to, Otherwise what is the point of the E/W split when the clubs could have been listed.

If this is going to be a major focus point I think they should be clearly writen for the next series to take into account things like people moving.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 8 April 2003, 3:04 AM  
greg, you can't see a time when you're more than 12 minutes down on it....thats called fantasy and involves you been a lot better inside your head than you are in reality.

no odds given

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 8 April 2003, 3:11 AM  
opps my apologies for implying ACW lost to Greg at Tekapo. Thats the worst thing anyone can do to somebody in orienteering.

Show Profile  fancy_michael Posted: 8 April 2003, 3:47 AM  
quote:
Judging by the splits alot of the others can see his time
Are the splits posted on the web somewhere? Is someone able to post a link?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 8 April 2003, 8:38 AM  
I never said I could Jamie I said alot of the others could judging by their splits, don't try and put words in my mouth.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 April 2003, 6:15 PM  
Greg asked...
Michael what are the rules for the 'Regional Competition' they way I read the rules was of place of current abode, not of club you belong to, Otherwise what is the point of the E/W split when the clubs could have been listed.

I have relooked at the rules and they don't explicitly say; we'll fix this next time. For 2003 I will be going by the club you belong to as this is a verifiable fact, whereas a person's current abode does not have to be notified to anybody.

Michael Wood

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 April 2003, 3:08 AM  
I'll post the splits from round 1 on the SS website if someone sends them to me. Preferably collated rather than person by person.

Michael

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 9 April 2003, 11:29 AM  
Will the real Orange Peel please stand up.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 26 May 2003, 4:31 AM  
I'd like to organise a prizegiving ceremony in Masterton for the Superseries next Sunday night. I'm looking at eating places that aren't booked up already and don't require a firm booking (which I doubt if I'll get until Saturday if then:-))

Participants and supporters tell me if you think this is a bad idea. Otherwise keep Sunday free.

Michael Wood, Superseries Manager

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz