maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Covid-19 Lockdown Orienteering Tips

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 25 March 2020, 2:35 PM  
Right let's get them rolling in... links to favorite orienteering videos on YouTube, fun activities via Facebook, interesting reads, links to best maps etc.

Creating a resource list for old and new club members to keep our sanity together.

My recommendation is the Scottish Orienteering Association Facebook page with a different puzzle each day at the moment.

Right. Go.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 26 March 2020, 1:19 PM  
World of O are pretending that we're counting down to Christmas and posting a daily route choice problem again

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 April 2020, 5:58 AM  
The O-Ringen website http://www.oringen.se/213/english/ shows no sign of backing off. Only an extension to the closing date of entries (which may mean that people are voting with their feet). 9000 entries have been received. A search elsewhere suggests that Sweden is pursuing a much softer approach than most other countries, but has in the last few days banned gatherings of 50 people. Seems unlikely that the world's biggest orienteering event will proceed. In the meantime I discovered a series of youtube videos in which course planners discuss parts of the terrain, and run sample legs.

Show Profile  HidingControls Posted: 6 April 2020, 5:03 AM  
Yesterday postponed World Rogaine Champs till next year. There is ZERO chance of International travel restrictions being lifted by then (August)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 29 April 2020, 8:38 AM  
O-Ringen finally got postponed a week ago. The latest episode of "O-Ringen TV" (via the website above) talks about the decision - including talking with their Ashley Bloomfield. Methinks they are optimistic to expect even greater numbers next year! There will be more of the excellent videos - they are talking of an episode in June and another in the week it would have been held (25-31 July).

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 29 April 2020, 8:44 AM  
The World MTBO Champs event has been cancelled, but the title may be conferred on the European MTBO Champs in Portugal in October. This would include the juniors too. Have to say I'm not rushing to book my tickets.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz