maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Permanent course markers

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 26 May 2019, 12:43 PM  
Red Kiwis club are looking for a supplier to make plaques for some permanent orienteering course markers. Any suggestions?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 27 May 2019, 11:27 AM  
Was Lindsay Smith doing this a while back? (Posted in full understanding that 'a while back' may have no relevance to 'now', but maybe it will help inspire a more useful answer)

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 27 May 2019, 2:07 PM  
It is Lindsay. Hawkes Bay have done a QR Code course I think. Another option is one of the smartphone apps that work similar to Strava. No experience with either of those alternatives.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 30 May 2019, 3:45 AM  
Ok, thanks for the replies. Yes it was Lindsay Smith in the South Island who supplied the original ones. Looking in to a metal works shop. Cheers

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 30 May 2019, 4:18 AM  
https://www.google.com/search?q=metal+equipment+tags+nz&oq=metal+equipment+tags+nz&aqs=chrome..69i57.14708j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung-ga-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mob

Show Profile  Rolf Posted: 2 June 2019, 3:02 AM  
O Waikato got 100 basic markers made 75mm by 75mm. The square was called 'Signbond'. Some sort of firm plastic. Cost $50 + GST. Then we got a sign printing company to print the marker (Orange triangle & letter & Number) on to this product. That part cost $387 incl GST. So about $440 all up for 100 markers.

We also did some QR code markers using what Hawkes Bay did. We just used the Hawkes Bay suppliers. These were stickers on Aluminium plates. 40 of these cost us about $190.

I can give you more info if you want Fraser.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz