maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Max Rayney Kerrison

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 16 January 2019, 6:26 AM  
Max Kerrison

Death Notice

KERRISON, Max Rayney:

On 14 January, aged 69, following an accident in Ōhope. Beloved husband, father, brother, grandfather, orchardist, farmer, orienteer, sportsman, joker, wine lover and adventurer. Will be missed by many in NZ and around the world. A relaxed service to celebrate Max's life will be held at Puketapu School Hall, 708 Puketapu Rd, Napier 4183 on Tuesday 22 January, 2019 at 2pm. In lieu of flowers, donations to Trustpower TECT Rescue Helicopter, St John New Zealand or Whakatane Surf Lifesaving Club* in his name would be appreciated.

*Max was first on call first-aider for St Johns in Mahoenui area for many years, the helicopter and the surf lifesaving club were involved in his emergency care.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 16 January 2019, 10:33 AM  
Terrible news, so very sad to read this.
Thinking of you

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 16 January 2019, 1:41 PM  
Such awful news and really thinking of you Neil and family. I first remember meeting Max at a Kaweka challenge, such a joker and all round great guy. Will be sadly missed. RIP

This message was edited by pete s on 16 January 2019, 10:43 PM

Show Profile  Rolf Posted: 18 January 2019, 10:18 PM  
Really sad news.
Condolences Neil & family.
I was in awe of Max when I was a young 'wannabe' and he seemed so old to me then... but was so darn good at Orienteering.
Then I was in awe that he had hip replacements and shortly after was back Orienteering and Rogaining!
Such a nice guy. The NZ O community is going to miss him.
RIP Max

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 19 January 2019, 10:42 AM  
Max was one the really nice guys and as tough as hell.
At least he ticked off plenty of missions in recent years with the biggest and toughest being riding the length of NZ last year in 28 days doing the Tour Aotearoa course of 3000 kms on his mountainbike.
Another great mission was rafting the MOTU as part of Neil’s stag do over 2 days with a group of 8 of us.
So sad but such good memories, Max.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 January 2019, 1:16 AM  
Been thinking of you Max. Sorry I can't make it to Puketapu today. Will be there with orienteering friends in spirit.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz