maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

NZ Nationals 2019

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 24 June 2018, 1:35 PM  
Can anyone shed some more light on next years Nationals? We are trying to plan for it but information seems to be hard to come by! Or maybe it’s just me?

This message was edited by Ellmo1769 on 24 June 2018, 9:19 PM

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 24 June 2018, 2:01 PM  
Next years Nationals are being hosted by PAPO as it is the South Island's turn. Rumour has it the Nationals will be in the Waitaki Area possibly based out of Oamaru. There's limestone country in the low hills behind Oamaru with the only map I know of being Humpty Bumpty. Easter is the middle weekend of the school holidays in 2019.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 24 June 2018, 2:07 PM  
Rumours don’t really help for concrete plans but thanks for trying to help. Hopefully somebody in the know will be able to expand on this info.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 24 June 2018, 2:43 PM  
Perhaps emailing the ONZ Events Co-ordinator would be a good place to start if concrete plans are required. events(at)orienteering.org.nz.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 25 June 2018, 2:56 PM  
https://www.wa.orienteering.asn.au/54-easter-2019/630-easter-2019

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 25 June 2018, 6:21 PM  
The rumours are correct. PAPO is in the midst of organising NZSS champs, once that is out of the way we'll have more resources for putting out information about NZO champs next year. Also we haven't actually confirmed all maps yet as some areas we were initially thinking about have been felled etc, and we are still working on the permissions side. Plans are sprint in Oamaru, and other areas a max of around 40 minutes from Oamaru.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 26 June 2018, 11:27 AM  
Looks good Neil. Thanks Michael and Jenni.

Show Profile  NSmith Posted: 2 July 2018, 2:57 PM  
A little more info from the most recent PAPO newsletter:

Sprint - Centre of Oamaru
Middle - Possible new map with some goldmining near Earthquakes (permissions in progress)
Long - Kuriheka near Oamaru
Relay - Humpy Bumpy

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 4 July 2018, 6:13 AM  
There's a little area (might be too small) of rocks and bushes near Whitestone that looks interesting on google. Could have potential if know ones checked it out yet.

Show Profile  o4life Posted: 5 July 2018, 3:22 AM  
Has PAPO thought about what format the relays will have next year?? Revert back to old format or keep this years format?

Show Profile  NSmith Posted: 5 July 2018, 3:29 AM  
Thanks Paul, looks interesting. I will pass on to DOC

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 14 July 2018, 9:58 AM  
In honour of Oamaru's status as New Zealand's steam punk capitol, I've already selected my preferred compass for the sprint race. Now just have 8 or 9 months to figure out how to attach it to my thumb.

https://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/items/1928057

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 24 November 2018, 10:01 AM  
Just for you Rob Garden. My entry is in first again!

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 27 March 2019, 3:56 AM  
A reminder that standard entries for Nationals 2019 close Thursday 28th March at midnight. It will be possible to enter for a few more days at a later fee but best to get your entry in now if you haven't already done so (the people doing the start lists etc would rather everyone was entered by tomorrow evening)

Tell your friends!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 27 March 2019, 11:38 AM  
That's a surprise Jenni:-)) Based on the ONZ calendar I've been telling members they had a few more WEEKS not days to enter.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 1 April 2019, 12:45 AM  
Biggest nationals ever? Any insight into why the entry numbers are so good?

https://orienteeringnz2019nationals.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/middlenumbers.jpeg

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz