maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Wellington Champs

Show Profile  hvsec Posted: 18 October 2017, 10:43 AM  
Experience the variety the Kapiti and Manawatu coasts have to offer at the 2017 WOA Champs.

25th-26th November

Entry is now open. See website for details
http://www.mapsport.co.nz/woachamps/

Show Profile  hvsec Posted: 12 November 2017, 1:17 PM  
Entries to the Wellington Champs close this Wednesday, 15th November.

Show Profile  hvsec Posted: 16 November 2017, 12:49 AM  
Yesterday's closing date for the WOA champs seems to have caught a few people out. We have reopenned entries and they now close on Saturday night.

If you are just running the Long at Fusilier as part of the Frank Smith interclub trophy, you still need to pre-enter.

Show Profile  hvsec Posted: 22 November 2017, 3:25 AM  
The start lists and programme are available for download on the event website.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 25 November 2017, 4:09 PM  
Sprint and Middle results on the website, and on Winsplits.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 26 November 2017, 9:45 AM  
3 high quality races across 3 very different terrains. Huge thanks to all those who made it happen. But where was everybody? If you weren't there you missed a great weekend!

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 26 November 2017, 9:53 AM  
Although perhaps I shouldn't complain about the turnout. Not often I finish a weekend with 3 top 3 placings ;-)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 27 November 2017, 6:35 AM  
Long results on the website, and on Winsplits. WOC narrowly wins WOA Interclub contest, based on the long.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 November 2017, 3:04 AM  
Sprint and Middle are on Route Gadget.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 November 2017, 3:03 PM  
And so is the Long.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 28 November 2017, 6:34 PM  
Thanks OHV and others from WOA for a fantastic weekend of orienteering. Great variety of terrains with well set courses on excellent maps. Low key. No fuss. Fun orienteering without the hype.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 1 December 2017, 5:23 AM  
Yes I'd like to also echo thanks for the great weekend of orienteering.

As Karl commented the Santoft map is one of the best sand-dune areas in the country, and Florian also said he thought it was one of the best areas he'd run on (not sure if this was ever (!) or in NZ). In summary- this area is worth travelling to, if you can, take the opportunity next time...

I personally, was feeling the effects of 5 games of hockey in the previous 4 days but still really enjoyed my nearly two hours of orienteering on Santoft! And the rest of my family enjoyed both days of orienteering (Carsten's knee injury maybe reduced his enjoyment a bit but he was appreciated the chance to be orienteering on great maps).

Thanks to all involved!

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz