maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Raid in France AR

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 6 September 2016, 11:59 AM  
Awesome watching Seagate deal to the frenchies. What a dumb trekking leg though, would love to know the rules... Cunning route choice by Chris/ Stu, but they got gazumped by team 30 - they didn't even bother going over the high point - Pic De la Fosse del Gegant...taking the piss - would it have been possible to have gone out and back to CP13 from CP12/14 ? pretty poor CP placement by the race director...I thought they were tough, surely they could find two muppets to sit at a checkpoint on the highpoint aka Mt Owen in Godzone this year...

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 6 September 2016, 12:27 PM  
On reading the rules, there are more details on the route in the racers road book. They have unmanned cps called kites so I wonder if they were clever enough to place one on the highpoint of the trek...Supposedly the penalty for an invalid kite is 24hrs ...

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 9 September 2016, 1:07 AM  
Awesome effort by Seagate, Go Chris & Stu. Bit nerveracking as the yellow brick lost the plot on the river as well as the fact that both lead teams were held due to sea conditions. Well Done.

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 10 September 2016, 8:48 PM  
Thanks Greg,

Yip had a pretty successful race, except when we were trying to follow a poorly marked track which was not on the map

I'm still not certain if we had to go via the col and high point you mentioned, but it read like we did in the race handbook

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz