maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

OE2010, O-lynx, etc on windows 10, Problems?

Show Profile  kman Posted: 5 August 2015, 8:12 AM  
I have done a little playing on oe 2010 on win10, so far haven't found any problems, i will be setting up 2 computers on oe2010 ,printer and id readers to test as a practice event shortly.
the main thing i have found is to check computer manufacturer website as some computers have drivers that need changing/updating after install.

Show Profile  AlisterM Posted: 5 August 2015, 1:46 PM  
I ran OE2010 and on a Win 10 beta version for a while earlier in the year with no problems.

Show Profile  Dwayne Posted: 6 August 2015, 10:50 AM  
No problems so far in testing. Have used OCAD 11, OE2010 and SportIdent Config+ software. I am running a SportIdent and OE2010 training session later this month and will use both Win7 and Win10 client machines for the training. Have not tested printing to splits printer yet, SI boxes program as expected.

Show Profile  kman Posted: 21 August 2015, 8:38 AM  
i have run and found after one update which dam murphy's law, decide to be installed when turned on at the event. then would not run oe2010, reinstalled oe2010, it patched something in the reg files that the update had changed, all went well after that, was a worrying 15min. Don't like the home version of window10,

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 August 2015, 2:32 PM  
Are you all happy with Win10? There are some alarming things on forums, but it might be like restaurant reviews. Those who have had a bad experience are most likely to post.

Show Profile  Dwayne Posted: 30 August 2015, 4:21 PM  
We used a Win 10 machine (networked with a Win 7 machine) at our event today to run the two reporting screens and do overflow data entry. No problems at all. Just in case, I only upgraded one of our machines (identical HP laptops). Have tested everything from OCad through OE2010, SI Config, WinSplits Pro and QuickRoute with no problems.
In my opinion, the new Edge browser is not ready so I still use Internet Explorer as the browser for most things.
The only possible problems I see is if your machine is not compatible with Win 10 and the upgrade doesn't happen properly. Reverting back to Win 8 or Win 7 is a trivial 5 minute task if there is a problem.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 23 September 2015, 2:23 PM  
Related to my other control descriptions post, but I will ask here. I see Purple Pen says it runs on Windows 10, has anyone used Condes, does it run ok?

Show Profile  Dwayne Posted: 23 September 2015, 5:37 PM  
I only use Condes every now and then (the eval version) but I just tried it now and it seems solid. Made a quick 2 course event and printed a couple of maps at different scales. It was installed before my upgrade to Win 10 and still works fine after.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 24 September 2015, 3:24 AM  
Great, thanks very much for checking.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz