maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

World Champs 2015

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 7 August 2015, 1:52 PM  
Not sure where you got the idea the Aussie middle was on sand dunes Greg. The event that Matt and Lizzie earned their spots was very typical Aussie granite which made the wins even more impressive.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 7 August 2015, 2:10 PM  
I thought it was advertised as being (like) Pittwater, when I was trying to work out if I could go, my bad.

Still dont we want to maximise our potential to gain WOC spots?

Show Profile  Rolf Posted: 7 August 2015, 2:14 PM  
That relay course was simply genius in my opinion. I mean that section that slit 6 ways with each runner doing 2 of the options. It was carnage on the first leg!

Very clever course planning.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 7 August 2015, 3:12 PM  
there's possible confusion between Fraser and Greg regarding the Oceania middle distance champs for all other classes, and the Oceania elite middle distance champs which I'm pretty sure was held on the same map/day/courses as the WC middle - though I only attended the former (which was definitely a hilly granite map) and not the latter so can't say for sure what the terrain was - I remember hearing it was pretty green? or was that the long?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 7 August 2015, 3:17 PM  
Meanwhile, I get that there are good technical and fairness reasons why... but it would be nice if it was clearly stated well in advance somewhere where internet spectators would see, such things as video coverage not starting until 11pm tonight and no live split updates until 10pm (as not all competitors will be in quarantine until then)...

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 7 August 2015, 8:29 PM  
dust settling on the women's race, and it's a satisfactory 28 for Lizzie and 42 for Laura, on one hell of a map - I think there were something like 2 tracks in the main part covered by the course - the only thing I think we have remotely like that in this part of the world would be Waikaia? With probably about half a dozen women in contention for the title at various stages, Ida Bobach somehow takes it by well over 2 minutes - an amazing week for the Danish women taking all but one of the available W or mixed championships. Great to see Hanny back in the top 10, twice(?) this week. So far looks like the men's race is Gueorgiou versus the entire Swiss team, but if we see the same sort of big changes as we did for the women..? Matt currently sitting in 28th which should equate to a final placing in the mid 40's - but only just behind Hendrickx and well ahead of Martinez Perez for the important sub-contest

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 8 August 2015, 7:56 AM  
So final results for the long, Matt 46th, Lizzie 28th and Laura 42nd.

A very successful WOC with the men moving up a division, at the expense of the Aussies. Congratulations to the entire team.

Show Profile  inghamma Posted: 8 August 2015, 11:52 PM  
Thanks for all your comments, I've been redaing them every morning in the little bit of down time. I would like to add my congratulations to the whole team, who have trained together, celebrated together, commiserated together, and have been absolutely fabulous to manage. I would also like to acknowledge the impact that Jean Cory-Wright has had as a coach. Quite apart from having two of us to share the long hours in quarantine etc, her knowledge and special insights into Scottish terrain have been invaluable in the team achieving what they have. Thanks too to the small number of ever-present supporters who have also weight in when needed - John, Anna, Gillian, Al (C-w), Al (L), Rob and Marquita - you have all been great.

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 9 August 2015, 6:03 AM  
Thank you Malcolm, thank you Jean, and thank you team for a hugely inspiring and entertaining WOC campaign.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 9 August 2015, 1:24 PM  
... and thank you Malcolm for the daily posts to keep us more up to date than even perfect internet coverage ever could have!

Thanks to the team (and the event team too) for a wicked week. I sense there's a real core developing that could turn into something truly special (both in those at WOC and about as many again who could have been), but while they've got this far through individual effort and self-led training groups, it must make a huge difference having the likes of JCW and Malcolm as dedicated team management once the real business begins.

Show Profile  JCW Posted: 17 August 2015, 2:21 PM  
Thank you everyone, especially Malcolm, who put heaps of work in and helped to get me on board helping out. The team did well and are a pleasure to work with!

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz