maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Tim Robertson

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 4 June 2015, 12:52 PM  
http://www.sportzhub.com/news/robertson-wins-norway/

Tim is in great form.

Show Profile  hughff Posted: 5 June 2015, 2:45 AM  
Fantastic winning margin. Awesome result.

Show Profile  R2 Posted: 8 June 2015, 11:57 AM  
Pre-JWOC interview http://www.porsgrunnol.no/2015jwoc/timothy-william-robertson/

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 June 2015, 5:34 PM  
Nice. Just skimmed it, have to go off for some low-intensity training now.

Show Profile  hughff Posted: 9 June 2015, 2:15 AM  
Boy of your dreams!

Show Profile  Rolf Posted: 9 June 2015, 7:59 AM  
Is that the Norwegian National Champs? To win by 1 minute is just unbelievable... It is like someone winning a 5000m race on the track by a lap!
Go Tim

Show Profile  R2 Posted: 4 November 2015, 10:22 PM  
Tim has had a great year...our reigning junior sprint champion Unfortunately he has also had 3 shoulder dislocations (the last one involving being taken, by ambulance, off the WOC middle distance course) He needs shoulder surgery to allow him to continue his orienteering.
The surgery cost can't be covered by ACC because he has been out of the country for over 6 months & his travel insurance is only covering his flight home.
He has set up a 'give a little' page & would appreciate any support. A huge thanks to all those who have already helped. https://givealittle.co.nz/cause/timrobertsonsurgery

Show Profile  R2 Posted: 17 October 2016, 12:49 AM  
Thanks to everyone who has shown Tim their support over the last year(s)
He has gone from having shoulder surgery last year to 4th place in the final sprint of the World Cup this year....backing up a 2016 World Cup season of 5th=, 7th and 13th places. All possible because of your generosity and support.
If you missed the race last night, it can be seen on http://livecenter.orienteering.org/event.php?raceid=749 Always great to see black on the podium

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 17 October 2016, 7:27 AM  
Also worth noting that Tim's final overall world cup standing eclipses (by one place?) the previous NZ best set by Al Landels in the mid 1990's.

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 28 October 2016, 1:16 AM  
An epic season by Tim, conrgats! A lot of hard work put in by our young star (and those around him) - he's lifting NZ orienteering to new heights! Personally it has been pretty exciting and inspiring stuff, and I'm happy I got to watch a bunch of it first hand!

I haven't looked at maptalk in a long time, and I have to say that while I understand mainstream social media plays a bigger role these days, I'm a little disappointed at the lack of supporters on this thread??! - if you compare it to the amount of threads here that are just full of whinging. (**whinge over**)

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 28 October 2016, 2:55 AM  
Hey Ross
I'm not sure what you mean - this thread isn't something you "like" to show your support. People can be thrilled with Tim's results without having anything new to add onto the thread, so I don't see how you can judge the level of support. I think if you'd looked on the give a little page for Tim's operation last year, you would have found lots of orienteers showing financial support which probably speaks louder than writing some words on a forum page.

In any case, don't worry we've been following Tim at PWT and seen his great results there.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 3 November 2016, 6:16 AM  
Tim wins Park World Tour with consistent runs over the last 4 events near Beijing: www.p-w-t.org PWT kicked off the highly visible sprint format 20 years ago in capital cities of Europe. With NZ "cottoning on" well before it became a world champs discipline, maybe that's why we're so good:-))

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 7 November 2016, 8:58 AM  
Hey Jenni, long time

Fair point. Though I wasn't having a go at Tim's supporters (or lack of thereof), just pointing out that I'm surprised at the amount of negative stuff still on maptalk compared to positive stuff (like this fairly empty thread) - it's a bit depressing. I won't debate it further on here at risk of this becoming a negative thread as well

Go Tim!

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz