maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Athlete Development Pathways

Show Profile  R2 Posted: 25 August 2015, 12:55 PM  
Good summary of the Danish 'road to success' presentation at the coaches conference, on World of O ... interesting reading.
http://news.worldofo.com/2015/08/25/insight-into-denmarks-road-to-4-x-gold-at-woc-2015/

Show Profile  nick Posted: 25 August 2015, 5:27 PM  
That is really interesting. Its worth thrashing those ideas about at the very least. I don't feel like know what NZ should do wrt high performance programmes

Just to clarify, I'd treat High Performance and Athlete Development as two separate things. Athlete Development being about increasing the number and quality of candidates for selection to an HP programme.

Talent ID is usually associated with AD - a prequel to HP... spot them early and give them the best coaching, best chances to realise their potential - or so goes the theory. I agree with the Science of Sport guy who said that the later you can leave talent ID, the better. Particularly for NZ because we have a small pool of athletes, so few resources, and we're so far from competitions in Europe. Can we really tell an athlete's potential to medal at WOC before they've been to JWOC?

Once the athlete has identified themselves as a medal prospect (or whatever our threshold is) then they can be admitted to the HP programme with all the trimmings that may entail, if any.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz