maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Nationals - Who won?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 13 April 2015, 4:41 PM  
Hey, Nationals was recently aye? Who won? What was it like?

Show Profile  R2 Posted: 14 April 2015, 2:05 AM  
http://news.worldofo.com/2015/04/07/easter-racing-maps-and-results/ Scroll down, for a wrap up from World of O (sounds like they are testing an automated split-analysis programme...so 1st equals on results or course legs are not picked up) Great to have the down under results included.

Show Profile  Rolf Posted: 14 April 2015, 9:55 AM  
Fraser won. Twice.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 14 April 2015, 10:54 AM  
It was sunny and warm.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 14 April 2015, 12:08 PM  
Heard of winsplits, Jamie?

Plenty of comments under the Nationals discussion page.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 14 April 2015, 2:46 PM  
Jamie is asking where the news article reporting on the event is. Maybe you could write it, Jamie?
Otherwise, Carsten told me to say if you're not there you're square.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 15 April 2015, 6:42 AM  
Ok,its true, my comment wasn't entirely innocent.

Just wondering how a ageing elite/young veteran is supposed to get motivated let alone a 14 year old hanging around with his parents over Easter wishing he was orienteering.

A community that doesn't remember its history, share its stories and debate its future dies.

I maintain that there is more value in a New Zealand Orienteering Magazine than a New Zealand Orienteering Federation....and that website hasn't got any better even if Erin and I are friends again.

Thanks for the World of O link.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 15 April 2015, 6:58 AM  
Don't worry Jamie most of that it was obvious from your frustrated initial post. Not sure that was a good enough excuse though. Motivate for QBDay the Veteran classes need you.
Agree with sentiments. Bring back Mick!

Show Profile  Jane H Posted: 15 April 2015, 9:14 AM  
Actually PAPO won. And nothing even on THEIR website yet about their acheivement. Must admit I was slow putting any news on HBOC website as I felt fb covered most members. Maybe everyone is feeling a bit like me ... a lot of energy went into the Nationals weekend and it takes time to recover. Maybe it would be prudent in the future to delegate finish-up jobs to non-participants who can take leadership in the aftermath. Hint to those in charge of World Masters: you need a committee assigned only to post-event duties who step in immediately after the prize-giving. Preparing for the mop-up is just as important as the promotion.

Show Profile  marcusd Posted: 15 April 2015, 10:15 AM  
Would be great if there was a nationals website with all the historical results on it. Easy to add new stuff each year.

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 15 April 2015, 11:22 AM  
Papo has some hip people posting on that facebook thing apparently. Still it would be good to get some more info. The most I've seen so far is Gene's blog posts about his races.

Show Profile  NSmith Posted: 16 April 2015, 1:46 PM  
As abit of comparison here's something that Nicola Blatchford wrote on the Australian Easter 3 days.

http://www.orienteering.asn.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Easter%2020151.pdf

Getting some juniors who are studying journalism to write some content for you seems a like a pretty good solution.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz