maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Godzone

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 5 March 2015, 3:54 AM  
Well, feeling a bit more recovered now after a good nights sleep. It was a fairly tough race, especially with the poor weather. Contrary to the news, I didn't fall off any cliff, but bruised my quads pretty badly on some rocks trying to cross the Albert burn river.

It will be exciting to see how the rest of the teams with Orienteers go. Obviously I'm especially excited to see if team Chimpanzee Bar with Emily and Greig can catch Tiki Tour before the end of the final Kayak.

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 5 March 2015, 4:07 AM  
And yip we did gather we had a reasonable lead going onto the final kayak section. We were feeling pretty sleepy in the boats so decided to take a 1hr sleep at the first cp on the lake. However we probably caught at least half of this time back up again by paddling better for the rest of the stage.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 March 2015, 5:58 AM  
Great to hear from you Chris and congratulations to the whole team. And also to Chimpanzee Bar and Next Generation who have had really solid races.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 March 2015, 8:17 AM  
What's up with Chimpanzee Bar? At least they are are stuck on land:-((

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 March 2015, 10:05 AM  
Alarm clock fail to go off at Colquhouns? Its a sprint now for 4th place. In rising winds:-)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 March 2015, 11:11 AM  
Aaaaoooooooh. Bivouac landing about now, with Chimpanzee under a km behind. Still a gutsy chase, there will be stories behind this one I'm sure. Next Generation about to hit the lake, is the wind too high for night paddling? Columbia would say so:-)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 March 2015, 1:29 PM  
Well done also Uni of Auckland for being in the select group of full course finishers - only 14 out of 52:-)) Back to the lectures on Monday?

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 14 March 2015, 11:08 AM  
Here is Emily's blog post on the race for Chimpanzee Bar

http://sillybilliesreturn.blogspot.co.nz/2015/03/godzone-2015.html

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz