maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Visiting NZ from Scotland

Show Profile  Sunny K Posted: 31 May 2014, 3:01 AM  
We are planning a trip taking in the O races in Tasmania in January 2015 and then coming on to NZ.
I am looking for advice on how to get around in NZ. We would be over for about a month I guess. Is camper van the best option? Any hire firms to avoid / recommend? Or hire car and hostels / bed & breakfasts?
As it will be summer, might there be any orienteering events on that we could take in?
Any help or advice gratefully received!
Alan Halliday

Show Profile  ML Posted: 1 June 2014, 2:23 PM  
Hi Alan, camper vans are pretty popular with tourists to NZ and would give you more freedom and flexibility than having to book accommodation in advance if you had a rental car. The well known hire firms Budget, Maui, Kea, Britz are all good with good support but are expensive. At the other end of the scale are backpacker type converted vans which are cheap but look pretty dodgy. There are good quality cheaper camper options available in between these two extremes www.google.co.nz/#q=campervan+hire+nz If you find something suitable in Auckland I could check it out in advance for you. Keep an eye on the events part of this website for Orienteering in January.
Regards,
Mark

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz