maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Canterbury Champs

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 25 September 2013, 3:35 PM  
Is there any more info about this event floating around? The only place I have seen so far is maptalk.

Show Profile  AlisterM Posted: 26 September 2013, 4:37 PM  
We have ascertained this week that the 2 forest maps to be used for the Canterbury Champs escaped major wind storm damage.

There will be a Middle Distance on the Tuhaitara map at Woodend Beach (used for NZ Champs Middle Distance) on Friday 15th November in the afternoon. Scott McDonald is the Planner and Matt Dickenson the controller. This event will now be in conjunction with the Canterbury School Champs as the School Champs Long Distance had to cancelled because of wind damage to the Kairaki forest.

On Saturday 16th we will have two sprints, with the second being a chasing start, on the Kura Tawhiti map at Castle Hill(used for NZ Champs Relay). Lara Prince and Matt Scott are planning and controlling.

The Long Distance on Sunday 17th is on the Acheron map at Lake Coleridge. Alister Metherell is planning with Pat O'Brien controlling.

More info and online entry will soon be available on www.papo.org.nz

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 27 September 2013, 12:18 AM  
Thanks Alister, in lieu of other information, could we get an approximate start time on Friday so tickets can be booked.

The programme of events sounds awesome.

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 27 September 2013, 11:21 AM  
I am infinitely sad that I have an exam that weekend.

Show Profile  AlisterM Posted: 27 September 2013, 11:42 AM  
We anticipate that the first start for most courses would be 1:00pm. However if entry numbers are high, some grades may have to be started earlier, but not before midday. This is only likely to affect white and yellow courses because of the school champs competition. For those travelling from different parts of the country we will endeavour to accommodate reasonable start time requests.

Show Profile  AlisterM Posted: 13 October 2013, 10:34 AM  
Event information and online entry now available at www.papo.org.nz Entries close Friday 1st November.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz