maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

OSquad Blog Update

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 26 July 2013, 2:22 AM  
Hey all,

Just letting this group know that I have updated the OSquad blog and intend to update this regularly. I have been re-inspired by all the amazing performances and talent around in our community at the moment. We need to shout our good stories out a bit more (and perhaps get slightly more organised).

http://osquad.blogspot.co.nz/

In the past when I was National Squad Coach the blog was focused very much around the squad. I envisage it now appealing to anyone interested in High Performance orienteering of any age/discipline and would welcome any one who wishes to contribute, or become an author of the blog, whether they are a gnarled elite or an enthusiastic newbie.

Jamie

Show Profile  uzumati Posted: 26 July 2013, 3:40 AM  
Some quality updates in there - it will brighten your day...

Show Profile  darren Posted: 26 July 2013, 4:49 AM  
Nice work Jamie. Looks like you have the stayathomedad thing sorted and bit of spare time on your hands

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 27 July 2013, 12:52 PM  
For those who haven't taken a look yet I'd highly recommend it. Well done Jamie!

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 3 August 2013, 11:17 AM  
Blog is superb, Jamie, and hopefully becomes the equivalent of a National Mag.

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 3 August 2013, 1:48 PM  
Good read Jamie, keep it up

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 19 August 2013, 1:53 AM  
Very motivaing stuff, Jamie, and I hope people are taking on board some of your tips.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 September 2013, 10:23 AM  
Just to remind this forum that Jamie is true to his word and is putting some great stuff on the blog. There's up-to-date comment about the Oz Champs and (what is hard to find on official websites) the actual result of the Pinestars-Bushrangers test match. But a quick review turns up gems such as "NZ's worst leg ever", and sprint preparation by making your own map from readily available internet resources.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 14 October 2013, 3:18 PM  
If you are doing the Auckland Champs get onto Jamie's blog for some great tips on how to orienteer in Woodhill

Also some great comments from the Aussie Champs week, and much more

Show Profile  addison Posted: 15 October 2013, 1:43 PM  
Some great tips there from Jamie! Good luck to everyone at Auckland Champs!

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 29 December 2013, 6:05 AM  
Keep up the excellent blog Jamie. One of your previous articles was on the worst leg ever. I've been looking at routegadget for day 2 of the Christmas 5-Day in NSW. http://garingal.com.au/cgi-bin/gadget3/reitti.cgi?act=map&id=403&kieli=. We have a contender in legs 13 to 15 of the Open Mens. I can only assume this was for a spectator control but these should not effect the quality of the overall course. To be brutal I think I can 1 or 2 good legs on the whole course and as for not using the entire middle of the slope it must be a crime against good orienteering. Some say in this sort of area it becomes bingo orienteering - bull!! It is test of the true orienteer. I hope the rest of the courses get better.

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 29 December 2013, 8:00 AM  
14 was water, I think that is why this happened. Not a excuse at all

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 29 December 2013, 8:05 AM  
BTW, check out course 2, Open Womens (Lizzie, Laura) at these the mens 1st 2 controls were in the rock

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 30 December 2013, 2:09 AM  
Mens number 1 has a very good linear attack point pointing straight into the control from above. I'm meaning the change in contours rather than the watercourse. Number 2 there is again an obvious change in contour direction as the attack point and the control is on the obvious spur. I thought 6-7-8 were good but needed a pivot control and 8 could have been more to the east.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 30 December 2013, 12:50 PM  
And Matt was so looking forward to all the rocks on Kahlis Rocks, but at least he has won 4 out of 4.

Agree that course setting looks really weak

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 19 February 2014, 11:54 AM  
Just in case this blog has slipped out of your mind, there are some great articles being put together.

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz