maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

rugby hedz

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 17 October 2002, 4:41 AM  
Here's a teaser for you all...

Can anyone guess which New Zealand rugby NPC squad included orienteering as part of their pre-season training?

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 17 October 2002, 5:17 AM  
It has to be the intelligent men from the King Country, coached by the supple Peter Fatialofa.

They'll be back in the first division soon, and then all our star all blacks will return.

Show Profile  Dave Barr Posted: 17 October 2002, 9:41 AM  
Don't make this a racial issue.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 17 October 2002, 10:39 AM  
I can tell you exactly what team it was

It was obviously the smartest, most prepared team of all. Brains as well as Braun are present in this team. Thats why so many are going overseas. Its Waikato.

MooLoo

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 17 October 2002, 10:49 AM  
Yes Simon, the coach noticed that the Waikato boys were having trouble finding there way to the rugby paddock. Allthough the erection of fences to form a shute helped the Mooloo's in Hamilton, they had alot of trouble with away games. I think it may have something to do with how stupid Waikato people are. What do you think Simon?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 17 October 2002, 11:08 AM  
I helped build those fences......

Dont ask me im just a fence builder, ask Greg.

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 18 October 2002, 6:02 AM  
Simon, I hope you aren't implying that Greg is the intellectual in this debate. God help Waikato if that is so.

Anyway any stories from Aussie...good, bad or just down right dirty??

Show Profile  addison Posted: 18 October 2002, 8:44 AM  
Lets just say the Flying Dr was an experience...

Show Profile  That Claire Girl Posted: 18 October 2002, 9:28 AM  
well, Aussie was interesting...we had a variety of weather ranging from below 5 degrees to around 30 degress, and from thunder and lightening to hardout sunshine! The terrain was different to most of what im used to, but some was not too unlike Spain where JWOC was held.

At Flinders Ranges where the Australian champs etc were held, they hadnt had rain since the 9th December last year! But somehow, we managed to witness a few drops of rain one morning at the school we camped at, and the next thing u know, there are flowers popping up everywhere!!

The locals......hmmm......interesting bunch! The leagally aged participants went down to the local pub to play some pool and have a few drinks, and there we met some rather unusual characters, abo's included, who proceeded to try and make fools of us on the pool table. A certain member of our group (hint: J*m*s) was rather....how shall I put it....f**ked, swaying and stumbling his way around the room, and miraculously actually getting some balls in the holes!

Anyway, an experience not to be missed as usual, and I was thourouly dissapointed, for more than one reason, at having to leave earlier than some, as i have f*cking bursary to get through!!!! #*%#@$@%!!!

Laters!!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 18 October 2002, 10:37 AM  
I'll intellectual you!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 19 October 2002, 3:38 AM  
'intellectuating'! is that what you do with claire?

how does it work?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 19 October 2002, 6:52 AM  
Heres a story from Aus.

Bought some Juice (bad juice, REAL BAD), from coles in Gawler. I suggest not shooping there if people go. Bad reputation after what happend to us....

4hrs later, felt the effects. So did another person on the trip.

For the next 3-4 hours you could swear we had whoopi coushins, but no, it was natural talent. If only we had a tape recorder.....

Edited by - Simon Addison on 19/10/2002 13:53:32

Show Profile  addison Posted: 19 October 2002, 2:51 PM  
Obviously the Orienteering has helped out the Waikato Team. Not only are they consistently the best team in the NPC, but they are consistently good unlike teams such as Auckland. We will not only smash Auckland, but we will do so by a large amount.

Tonight the Waikato team showed many things. As well as consistency, they showed depth in the squad, hard running, structure etc. These are things teams such as King Country dont have a show chance in hell of showing. Crap teams stay crap teams. But for all those people out there who doubted Waikato, dont doubt them any more. The NPC is coming Home to where it belongs, Waikato.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 20 October 2002, 3:30 AM  
Yeah Waikato is such a good team that they last won the NPC 10 years ago. Oh, and of course the Chiefs are such a consistent team in the Super 12 - consistently finishing in the bottom half.

And of course Waikato is such the place to be - so much so that Royce Willis, Bruce Reihana and probably Dion Muir are buggering off overseas.

Waikato may win next week - but only because us city slickers don't like playing in a field full of cowpats.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 October 2002, 4:38 AM  
So your getting smart to Waikato. Think about this... Waikato not only bet your pathetic team, it managed to beat the 'All Blacks' in the round robin, as well as getting the 'Minor Priemership of the NPC'. Getting smart about a team that can do that is weak, especially when your own side cannot do anything similar.

A field full of cowpats. Well if that is so why is it being quoted as "the best rugby venue and pitch in New Zealand". At least our stadium looks good, not like your ugly looking new stand at Eden Park. That is one ugly piece of structure. Get a revamp of Eden Park.

And on the point of Deacon Manu. Your poofta team has to buy players from outside your own provience. Shows heaps about natural talent in the area....

And while hitting at each others teams, when was the last time you guys had the Ranfurly Shield. The team that had it before Canterbury did wear Yellow, Red and Black and actually held it for about 2 years. When was the last time Auckland had its hands on New Zealands no1 Rugby Trophy, if not New Zealands no1 Sporting Trophy. (well it actually is a shield...)

Edited by - Simon Addison on 20/10/2002 20:46:41

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 21 October 2002, 5:46 AM  
It pains me to say it, but Addison was actually right about something. That it was Waikato that orienteered pre-season. Nothing else. Absolutely nothing else. Ever. Except maybe the Hamilton stadium being one of the best in the country - but only because its kept so well-watered =), and Auckland being propped up by imported players, despite having supposedly the biggest player base.

Anyway, when Waikato wins this weekend I suggest we all approach our local RFU's and point out that orienteering is good pre season rugby training - better than playing test matches, eh Canterbury?

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz