maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

National Squad

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 8 February 2013, 10:13 PM  
I have been contemplating asking the question, what is next for NZ High Performance orienteering?

However, I just noticed that a coach and manager have been reappointed for the National Squad for 2013. As the Squad was disbanded last year, does that mean that a new squad will shortly be selected?

If so, what will the be the purpose of, and the criteria for, belonging to this squad?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 10 February 2013, 2:23 AM  
Yeah probably, and the answers to these questions posed in email in 2009, 2010 and 2011 are stored in my email. I could send them to you if you like? but the cynic in me says that we will talk about it, end up back where we started and nothing will actually happen... oh and someone will probably be offended by something potentially trivial in the process?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 10 February 2013, 9:44 AM  
I find that last comment highly offensive, Tane

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 10 February 2013, 10:58 AM  
commit to training towards becoming the best orienteer they can be, with woc/aussie aspirations. communication with secondary schools in the form of coaching or advice to create figures that the juniors can look up to. help to organise training camps for the ntional squad in their home town. help to create a positive training environment with the goal of creating a positive elite legacy.

just some thoughts of mine .

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 10 February 2013, 11:22 AM  
commit to training towards becoming the best orienteer they can be, with woc/aussie aspirations. communication with secondary schools in the form of coaching or advice to create figures that the juniors can look up to. help to organise training camps for the ntional squad in their home town. help to create a positive training environment with the goal of creating a positive elite legacy.

just some thoughts of mine .

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz