maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

World Cup Trials

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 16 October 2012, 6:16 AM  
Have there been any details announced on these? I remember seeing about a month ago a selection notice which said more details would be released soon.

There's someone else in our house that this is more relevant to than me if you're wondering!

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 16 October 2012, 6:19 AM  
Oh and there are cheap flights available now but it's kind of hard if you don't know where to book flights to!

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 16 October 2012, 6:43 AM  
There was an update on FB last night from Duncan (HP Director):

"Ok so I have some answers.

Firstly trials -

The first race is on the Saturday morning at Waitarere. That will be a middle.

The second race will be on the Saturday afternoon in Palmerston North. That will be a sprint.

The third race will be Sunday morning at Hapua Wetlands (Waiarapa). That will be a middle.
So you maybe stay Wellington on Friday and Waiarapa on Saturday?

Secondly for the world cup - The team will stay together leading into the world cup races and for the races themselves. The dates will be confirmed soon but basically you can do your own thing for a few days in the middle when the Waiarapa races are on."

This message was edited by Martin on 17 October 2012, 8:14 AM

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 16 October 2012, 6:43 AM  
Also this information:
"Update from NZOF is that we should enter all events that aren't WC. If you don't make the team NZOF will pay your late entry fee for the events on the WC days"

This message was edited by Martin on 17 October 2012, 8:15 AM

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 16 October 2012, 10:07 AM  
Don't tell me Kaia's running W21E already!

Show Profile  angelas Posted: 16 October 2012, 12:56 PM  
Sorry to be particular but is the timing of when the events start decided?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 17 October 2012, 12:36 AM  
Excuse me Martin but I think you're speaking out of turn regarding what NZOF will pay and not pay.

Council has not made a decision on this, and I think the reasonable approach would be that everyone enters normally and then we will come to an agreement with organisers around transferring across to World Cup round.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 17 October 2012, 1:55 AM  
Simon - Council may not have made a decision, but it would appear that someone has.

These are merely paraphrases of responses that have come from NZOF which were posted on other forums.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz