maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Auckland Champs 2012 - no certificates/medals

Show Profile  SteveO Posted: 15 October 2012, 6:41 AM  
A certain M20A of my acquaintance was philosophical about the lack of certificates in his class - until he realised that that as well as the juniors, the Elites also got them and his grade was the only one in the middle to miss out.

But then again, like 80% of the M20A field, he could have run M18 if certificates were that important (not that we knew that at entry time, of course).

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 15 October 2012, 8:17 AM  
The long sounds interesting. Any chance of getting it on routegadget or as a minimum the maps available in pdf for download for us non-travelling orienteers? Some good feedback about the course setting coming out.

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 15 October 2012, 11:50 AM  
http://www.routechoice.co.nz/gadget/cgi-bin/reitti.cgi

routegadget for all 3 races courtesy of Mr Flynn.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 15 October 2012, 12:18 PM  
Some excellent maps. Well done NWOC. And thanks Mr Flynn.

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 15 October 2012, 1:37 PM  
Nice one NW - sounds like an awesome event. Would love to have come, but couldn't afford the late fees! (just kidding :-))

Great to see some new area's being developed so great work.

Show Profile  comatose Posted: 16 October 2012, 12:44 AM  
Thanks for a great event NW Kids still buzzing, setting and running courses around the house since we got home! Enthusiasm for O at a high...

Show Profile  comatose Posted: 16 October 2012, 1:06 AM  
And I should add thanks to Whangarei Orienteering, too, for their efforts towards the weekend

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 17 October 2012, 4:37 PM  
Thanks NW, couldn't have found a more perfect way to spend my first weekend back in NZ! (Hope I can recover for the 2nd one!)

Show Profile  JD Junior Posted: 23 October 2012, 8:34 AM  
Okay guys, so what did you decide about medals and/or certificates? We are trying to decide what to offer at Nationals next year, and at $12-14 a pop with 34 grades across 3 days plus Relay medals, it sure adds up. Certificates are a definite, but medals? In an ideal world we would offer all 3 colours across all grades and distances, but it works about about $10 per competitor over the event.
So, Juniors all 3 colours M/W20 and down, or just the shiny yellow ones?

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz