maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Nicks run in the relay

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 18 July 2012, 9:38 AM  
I know we were all so excited by Matts win, and the WOC sprint results, but sandwiched in there was Nick Hanns run in the relay.

None less than 2nd on the leg, bringing NZ from 8th to 4th, with only a Norwegian faster.

Is this man even 18 yet? What a gun.

Bring on JWOC 2013 after he has had a year in Norway.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 18 July 2012, 10:31 AM  
Must check out Swiss 5 days @ woc terrain, H18!
A few other kiwis and ozzies running well there too.

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 18 July 2012, 10:34 AM  
Erm, Nick born in 94 I believe, so yes, 18 this year and a couple more years at JWOC!

It's not like there are a huge number of competitive relay events in NZ either. Un be lievable to soak up that pressure and pick up those places at the sharp end of the field.

Who else is doing a Scandinavian sabbatical? Nick, Ross, Tom, Kate, ...??? Will they all come back for WC/Oceania/STB?

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 18 July 2012, 11:55 AM  
Nick was also 20th in the long and 21st in the middle. Some of the most consistent JWOC results for years. And over here at Swiss 5 days he is destroying the H18 field on terrain he has never run on. Imagine what a year in Norway will do!

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 18 July 2012, 1:35 PM  
Nick is super talented! If I ran his time in the relay NZ would have got a silver medal!!!!!

He had a bad run in the long...finished 20th! Definitely bring on 2013!!! Definitely part o machine

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 20 July 2012, 2:36 AM  
Nick has an 8 minute advantage going into the final day chasing start, or as they translate it into English, hunting start. 10.2 km, 170 m climb. Go Nick!

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 21 July 2012, 1:52 PM  
I can't work it out. Did Nick win the H18 Swiss 5 day?

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz