maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

2013 South Island Champs

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 7 December 2012, 10:32 AM  
Just reading the SI Champs entry form. Looks awesome.

Especially love the bit about developing a "hub" for orienteering in the region. Really good concept, a cluster of maps in close proximity that can be used for big events/training etc....

We have/had some great hubs, but a clearer focus on this is awesome to see.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 21 December 2012, 11:20 PM  
Still taking entries up to the 9th January now, with no late fee. A bit short of 200 entrants at the moment. Maps looking good, courses looking good. About to head up to do some course checking for the Middle, perhaps a map run on the Long and some scoping for the Nationals in a few years time.

I will be at the Oceania Sprint taking overseas entrants for those still keen.

Happy O'ing.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 28 December 2012, 11:36 AM  
damn, just realised I had booked ferry, arranged accomodation and forgotten to enter...thanks for the waiver of the late fee.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 January 2013, 12:50 PM  
Wanted travel companion from Wgtn Fri morning to SI Champs, return Mon afternoon. Don't want anything for running costs, its the ferry fare I want to share. About the same as renting a car for three days but I'd prefer to take mine. Michael (at) MAPsport

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 13 January 2013, 10:51 AM  
Hi All,

Still taking some late entries at the normal price. For those who have entered late and paid the late entry we will refund the late fee. Maps are to be printed on Tuesday 21st Jan so the cut off is the evening of the 20th. No more entries as of then. 232 entries as of today.

Ran on the West Bay map today and yesterday - to be used for the middle. Extremely intricate rock and vegetation detail. Map quite unforgiving.

Cheers, Michael.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 13 January 2013, 10:57 AM  
Also,

Sorry for the lack of acknowledging entries. I will post a list of entrants early this week on the website. If your name is not on the list then please contact me and I'll make sure you're entered. Start Lists and Programme next weekend.

Cheers again!
Michael.

Show Profile  bards68 Posted: 21 January 2013, 2:06 AM  
Anyone know of a possible lift to St Arnaud for S.I Champs ? And if it is possible to still enter for Sat and Sunday?

Michael, I may be able to but not sure if I can get leave for Friday and Monday.

Cheers, Sean

Show Profile  Southernman Posted: 21 January 2013, 8:08 AM  
Sean where are you staying

Show Profile  bards68 Posted: 21 January 2013, 8:48 AM  
Hi Southern Man? ....Have no idea at this stage, Have arranges a ride possibility with Michael W. And thought I would take a tent. will call NOC tomorrow re late entry, and etc etc...so not sure if can go anyway yet.

Show Profile  Southernman Posted: 21 January 2013, 11:37 AM  
We have a spare seat. Going across Thursday night. Not heading back though

Show Profile  bards68 Posted: 21 January 2013, 8:46 PM  
thanks thats really kind of you, much appreciated. I think I should be right with Michael W tho.

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 21 January 2013, 9:48 PM  
Start Lists out via email. Will try to post tonight on the website. Any (minor) amendments needed to be rung or emailed through to me tonight. @Bards68 (Hurry up!). Event programme with grades - course lengths - details tonight. Some amendments since the Bulletin. Nothing too consequential.

Show Profile  bards68 Posted: 21 January 2013, 11:41 PM  
Done, Emailed :-)

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 22 January 2013, 7:15 AM  
Start lists emailed last night have incorrect start times for Day 3. Personally I blame Sean for his late entry and accept no responsibility. Corrected start times document to come through early tonight.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 January 2013, 9:20 AM  
OK, I'll push Sean out of the car and make him walk the last 5k.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz