maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

National Junior Camp

Show Profile  Jane H Posted: 24 April 2012, 4:48 AM  
Still had people coming up to me last weekend at NI Sec Schols Champs, introducing themselves, and saying thanks for the last junior camp. Not much to do with me... it was mainly Tom Reynolds leading the coaching team so well that made the camp so good. I really should have had a life-size card-board cut-out of Tom at the event centre. He has so many parents as fans.

Show Profile  AnnaE Posted: 28 April 2012, 7:16 AM  
I took a group of Wgtn Coll boys to the North Island School Champs. A first time to a bigger event for most of them. They had a great time with successful results. We/I talked about how wonderful junior O camp was last year - lots of good training, pumping music in the vans to/from each days training area and still plenty of time to play ball tag.
So thank you Jane & Tom and all the other trainers esp Matt Ogden. He had a real fan base and was inspiring to see how he used technology (garmon & catching features)in his training.
Orienteering = physical & mental exercise as well as computer games. :-) What more could kids want???

Who will host junior camp this year?

Show Profile  Dwayne Posted: 28 April 2012, 11:09 AM  
I've heard noises about CMOC hosting it somewhere in the Waikato next year - definately not confirmed though

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz