maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Waiuku A-Series 18 March

Show Profile  cmevents Posted: 18 March 2012, 10:08 AM  
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great day and enjoyed your courses.

Just letting you guys know there will be a delay with today's results and winsplits for a couple of reasons.

Firstly after the complications with the controls near the rifle club we have decided to remove these splits from the competitors results as many were advised to not visit these controls. These changes will apply to all courses excluding red long and the yellow/white.

This change will take some time to carry out as the club needs the laptop for the secondary school sprint series during the next couple of days and I am personally unable to travel to Pukekohe from Thames to update it.

Special thanks for those involved helping Neil with his injury. Trevor, James, and Tom were the main ones we know of. Anyone else involved thank you.
We wish Neil all the best for a speedy recovery.

We are pretty new to the course setting game, any feedback is much appreciated.

Matthew

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 18 March 2012, 10:37 AM  
Thanks Matt, top event. I've run there heaps and you had some legs totally different from what I have run before.

On another note, good idea putting a quick update on maptalk? Maybe we need to spark this up for more club events? Bit of banter is always good.

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 19 March 2012, 12:48 AM  
Fantastic courses Matt, some of the best I have run at Waiuku. Was nice and physically challenging!

Show Profile  Dwayne Posted: 19 March 2012, 1:27 AM  
Thanks Matthew. Red short was plenty for me and still very interesting with some bits of forest that I didn't recognise at all. Was kind of surreal running along the ridge with the gunfire to my left :O

Show Profile  ole codger Posted: 19 March 2012, 8:11 AM  
Very good first up courses Mathew.Thanks.Sorry I didn't do it justice and ran under 60min. Rusty,unfit, 2nd run of the season. The Rifle club season runs cNov to May. Old heads in the club should have been aware of that because the club has had this clash before.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 19 March 2012, 9:59 AM  
...old heads, haha. Like the ones that schedule orienteering in the sambar deer hunting season you mean?

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 20 March 2012, 1:31 AM  
Old heads are aware of the Rifle club season that hold their events on Saturdays. The local clubs Rifle and Horse riding had their programs effected by a road closure on Saturday which was given to them rather late.The rifle club had to reshedual for 30 people coming from the north.We did work together for the best result for all three forest users and it seemed to be a good day for most.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz