maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

World Masters Games 2017

Show Profile  AlanHorn Posted: 15 March 2012, 1:02 PM  
I see from tonights news that Auckland will be hosting the World Master Games in 2017. Does that mean we also host the World Masters Orienteering?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 15 March 2012, 1:21 PM  
yes

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 15 March 2012, 3:19 PM  
Good to see you aligning yourself with Auckland there Alan! :-)

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 15 March 2012, 5:19 PM  
damn it! 3 years later and I could've run

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 16 March 2012, 6:42 AM  
I will be in my 2nd year as a M55, looks like another peak coming along

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 16 March 2012, 7:07 AM  
And from what I've heard about the difference between WMOC entry fees and World Masters Games registration fees, start saving now!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 16 March 2012, 12:02 PM  
And from what I've heard about working with WMG, orienteering organisers should start a course of Regaine (TM) now.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 18 March 2012, 12:20 PM  
I don't understand you Michael.

Show Profile  SteveO Posted: 12 October 2012, 12:26 AM  
There has been very little information available since the first announcement of this back in March, it hasn't even been clear when in 2017 WMG would be held.

I was browsing through MED's Major Events Development Fund Recipient List recently (as you do) and noticed that they seem to believe it will be held in April / May 2017. This may be old news to many of you but I had assumed it would be held October-ish as most of the earlier Australian hosted games were.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 12 October 2012, 1:54 AM  
Dates for 2017 WMG haven't been set yet. The two options are April or October and this is still being discussed with 30 sports codes, plus ATEED. Daylight savings (October) and tourism is a big part of the decision.

An initial working group for orienteering was established by the 3 clubs in Auckland and there was a high level meeting with ATEED held last week.

Nothing of note to report so far. It's early days and they (ATEED) are working on getting the NSO and RSO for each code on board and identify venues.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz