maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Great Forest Rogaine 2011

Show Profile  DennisdM Posted: 27 October 2011, 3:06 AM  
Orienteering Bay of Plenty (OBOP) will be hosting the second Great Forest Rogaine in Whakarewarewa Forest, Rotorua on Saturday 12th November 2011. Get together a team and come along to this fun event which you can do on foot (walking or running) or on a mountain bike. 3 and 6 hour options available.

You can enter by going to www
obop
org
nz.

Entries close Saturday 5th November.

Free pizza at the finish!

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 27 October 2011, 4:12 AM  
One of the highlights of the year for me. A really well run event in one of the best forests in NZ, and a pile of pizza when you really need it.

See you there

Show Profile  sifter Posted: 30 October 2011, 12:13 PM  
Simon and I are really looking forward to this too. I wrote a bit of a blog after the event last time: http://sifter-writes-bikes.blogspot.com/2010/11/great-great-forest-rogaine.html

Hopefully that inspires some of you to sign up!

Show Profile  DennisdM Posted: 7 November 2011, 1:35 AM  
Entries still open till race day now. Check out the website if you're still keen. www.obop.org.nz

The numbers are looking good, and the trails are in great condition. I rode some new ones while putting out controls on Saturday.

Nice write up Sifter.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 10 November 2011, 3:50 AM  
Did have other plans for the weekend, but now postponed, so now I'm kinda keen to enter. Is there anyone out there who'd like to pair up with a VERY unfit Nic for a VERY cruisy (as in mostly walking probably) 3 hours on foot? nic_gorman at yahoo dot com dot au

Show Profile  darren Posted: 16 November 2011, 3:31 AM  
A bit of coverage on the RotoruaTV City News. Starts at 3.34 mins in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EESCImbXjL8&feature=player_embedded#!

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 16 November 2011, 9:30 AM  
Thanks for all the effort that went in to give us a really fun event, on such good tracks. Bring on next year.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz