maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

STB 2012

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 26 September 2011, 2:19 PM  
We have had a few questions about what date STB will be in 2012. It will be held on Waitangi Weekend which is the 4th-6th of February. This has been published on our website www.sprintthebay.org for some time. We are very excited to bring orienteering in New Zealand back to the traditional Waitangi Weekend. We do understand there is a rogaining event on that weekend and we regret the clash we feel a 3 day weekend is now necessary for STB to be able to be properly hosted. Entries will be open shortly for another edition of the excitement that is Sprint the Bay.

Show Profile  Lizzie Posted: 27 September 2011, 6:45 AM  
any word on the rumoured national squad camp the week following?

I've got my flights booked to have the whole week in nz, so happy to help organise a camp if infact I imagined the whole training week idea like im starting to think

think i showed at the weekend that I need to get reacquainted with nz terrain before World Cup 2013!

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 27 September 2011, 8:51 AM  
I know there is a group of us keen for a camp after. Even if its not an official national squad camp. Maybe we should invite some ozzys too

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 27 September 2011, 4:47 PM  
ozzys are listening

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 September 2011, 3:48 AM  
The date change for STB is a pity Duncan. I'm going to miss STB which I love. And you're going to miss the 21st birthday of NZ rogaining and NZ's first multi-stage rogaine. Maybe the world's first. http://waitangi21.ohv.org.nz

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 29 September 2011, 5:28 AM  
Yea we really didn't want the clash but it was going to be too hard to host it again on a non-holiday weekend. Also we were too scared to have stb on the old weekend - we have a feeling that it always rains then.

Show Profile  Lizzie Posted: 29 September 2011, 6:53 AM  
keen bean for the training week. Shame bout the clash...maybe we could arrange permission to rerun that 60min central wellington rogaine as part of the training week?

Show Profile  GeneO Posted: 1 October 2011, 1:20 PM  
Training will happen afterwards! coach or no coach!

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 20 October 2011, 4:04 PM  
STB 2012 entry is now open. Get in quick to be in to win the early bird entry prize. Also you will now find info on the new schools competition, map order and race formats. Look out for the mass start and loops race stages.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 7 November 2011, 10:39 AM  
STB 2012 Early Bird Entry Prize cut off date is in two weeks so get in quick to get your entry fully refunded! Check out all the info at www.sprintthebay.org or for casual info about the event check out our FB page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sprint-the-Bay/165934650092253

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 7 November 2011, 1:18 PM  
Hope for some Aussie's to go over, I will be there, 1st as a competitor at STB, and afterwards as Coach for any Aussies (maybe NZ'ers as well) who are about. We plan to train until Sunday, that is when I say good bye, and go home

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 14 November 2011, 6:17 PM  
One week until Early-bird Entry closes (11.59pm Monday 21st November 2011): so enter now! One lucky Early-bird will win their entry fee back! http://www.sprintthebay.org/entry/entryform.html

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 19 November 2011, 3:28 PM  
Early Bird Entry Prize Draw closes in two days. Get your entry in to be up for the chance of winning. Check out the website at www.sprintthebay.org

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 21 November 2011, 6:15 AM  
Todays the last day for early bird entry. Get in before 11.59pm and have the chance of running at STB 2012 for free. Here is a link to the entry form http://www.sprintthebay.org/entry/entryform.html

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 21 November 2011, 2:26 PM  
You will have a coach and 90% sure you will have a camp. You will know very soon

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 21 November 2011, 2:37 PM  
I do note in the Australian website they are advertising a national training camp after stb from 7th to the 12th. Looks like they know more than we do?

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz