1   2  

Oringen

Show Profile  PhillipH Posted: 25 July 2011, 3:40 PM  
Look for Lizzie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGc4EROYHUg&feature=player_embedded

Show Profile  PhillipH Posted: 25 July 2011, 3:51 PM  
Sorry - Angela

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 26 July 2011, 12:28 AM  
It's a bit like where's Wally. She was on screen for a good 20 seconds before I clicked. In plain view.

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 26 July 2011, 1:17 AM  
Great result by Ross in the ORingen sprint: 9th! http://www.oringenonline.com/

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 26 July 2011, 5:11 AM  
I've set up "my result page" under the SI number 887300. This will show you the kiwis AFAIK.

It misses out Owen Cambridge H55 because I can't seem to add another class, and I needed one for Ross - who was hiding under "Finland". It throws up a Brit called Northrop who has entered under the club name "Wellington". Hint - if kiwis entered under "New Zealand Orienteering Club" then (a) we will be able to find you easier in the results and (b) you might get similar start times.

Anyone else missing off "my page"?

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 27 July 2011, 4:35 PM  
Awesome result for Angela coming 7th!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 July 2011, 8:34 AM  
Indeed! OTOH an expensive mistake for Toby. No discounting your worst day at Oringen. Meanwhile Gene is very steady. Could be in the chasing start on the last day, what's the criterion for that, anyone?

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 28 July 2011, 4:06 PM  
It used to be if you're within an hour I think, then minute intervals after that.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 1 August 2011, 3:33 AM  
Final results Angela 17th Kate 39th Gene 33rd Ross 37th. These are in the E classes, in these age groups they probably also had long, short and B with subdivisions within those eg short1, short2. So this is outstanding. Toby didn't run the last couple, hope you're OK.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 2 August 2011, 6:39 AM  
Might as well extend this thread to all countries whose names start with S. Lizzie doing well in Switzerland. http://www.swiss-o-week.ch and for results go to "Competitions". Trish Aspin and Ann Scott have had day wins in Scotland. http://www.scottish6days.com/2011/

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 2 August 2011, 11:45 AM  
3rd day of Swiss O week today, we will be starting at 2500metres!

So far we have had a madcap loops prologue race for elites, a sometimes very detailed multiday distance race and yesterday an open classic very reminiscent of the Port Hills.

Lizzie has been the star turn finishing in the top ten over the last two days. Amber did well too before leaving to join Ross in France. Penny has had a hard time after running through a wasp nest but is looking better this morning.

Mike and Tane have arrived to get some race practice for WOC. Mike had a good run yesterday. I had a great classic by my standards but mispunched on a very close and similar control to my own. Grr.

Neil is broken down somewhere in France.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 3 August 2011, 8:49 AM  
Dieter Wolf is still running elite.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 3 August 2011, 9:56 AM  
Yesterdays race was amazing, a massive open slope with succession from fresh glacial moraine to open meadows. Penny and Lizzie had a good battle, as did Mike, Greg and myself. Tane continues his short course practice and Toby returned to racing after his ankle sprain at O Ringen. Today is the rest day and the Lowis are going via ferrataing with Dieter Wolf for a few hours this morning. WOC is now just around the corner, Chris Forne has been heard giggling on the peaks of Switzerland and the NZ teams "choice bro" tshirts have come out of their wrapping.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 3 August 2011, 10:34 AM  
Thanks Jamie for your reports. They are a good inspirational read and we hope you can do the same for WOC.

I knew Neil was broken down so couldn't do the races, but assume it is a vehicle breakdown.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 3 August 2011, 5:42 PM  
Yesterdays race was amazing, a massive open slope with succession from fresh glacial moraine to open meadows. Penny and Lizzie had a good battle, as did Mike, Greg and myself. Tane continues his short course practice and Toby returned to racing after his ankle sprain at O Ringen. Today is the rest day and the Lowis are going via ferrataing with Dieter Wolf for a few hours this morning. WOC is now just around the corner, Chris Forne has been heard giggling on the peaks of Switzerland and the NZ teams "choice bro" tshirts have come out of their wrapping.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 August 2011, 5:15 AM  
Another day win for Trish, overall 2= behind Carol McNeil. And Oliver Edwards bagged a 3rd in M10A!

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz