maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

NZ Schools Event Info?

Show Profile  claireflynn Posted: 3 April 2011, 7:41 AM  
Hi - I need to write a little bit about what is on offer Nationally in the way of schools events - can anyone help me out? I only know (vaguely) what there is available in Auckland in the way of the Sprint series, and that there is a National, North Island and South Island Sec Schools champs... If I were to write about what is available for schools/students to enter Nation-wide, can someone point me tto websites / write a little for me? Also the NZ vs Australis Schools competition? Much appreciated!

Show Profile  mcroxford Posted: 3 April 2011, 12:25 PM  
Nelson Orienteering Club has been running for the first time a dedicated schools' sprint programme. 8 events based on 8 campuses in the Nelson/Richmond area. Well subscribed for our area and also for the inaugural year with about 50 to 60 kids competed so far. Having trouble with the secondary school kids who have already committed to other sports but a very strong Year 7 and 8 competition. We will be running our first ever Regional Champs next weekend. Then probably dedicated training between now and Nationals. Will be investing in trophies and some prizes for the kids and schools competing. Next year will look to extend to 4 to 5 Tasman Schools. Just need to get mapping. Hopefully see some of them become club members soon! Aim also next year is to make it as interactive as possible with a Facebook page, link to routegadge and upgrade of some of the older maps of schools we have.

Show Profile  Svend Posted: 3 April 2011, 1:25 PM  
Southland Orienteering Club has been running events for schools and a Southland schools championships every year. Details of school orienteering can be found in a report on our website: <www.sportsground.co.nz/soc> on the 'Documents' page.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 4 April 2011, 2:50 AM  
www.ohv.org.nz > School Orienteering > Regional School Orienteering Scene

Show Profile  kakesnz Posted: 4 April 2011, 4:26 AM  
Best place to look for Auckland info is probably College Sport
http://www.collegesport.co.nz/sport/zone/104/orienteering

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz