maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Spa Park Double Header

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 26 September 2010, 1:10 PM  
Hi all, there was a rumour there might be a few extra orienteering types around the Taupo area this weekend, so I thought I'd better broadcast this message a bit further afield...

If anyone is interested in doing the Spa Park/Owne Delaney Double Header on Sunday (see the event listing in maptalk events) could you please email me by TUESDAY NIGHT (nic_gorman AT yahoo DOT com DOT au). Would you belive in the last few days I have discovered the local medieval society have regular sunday gatherings in the middle of the map and the safety zone for the high-poundage longbows pretty much cuts the map in half! I had a yarn with the group today and they will take next sunday off if we ask them, but I don't want to cancel their fun unless we would otherwise have a reasonable turnout. It was a good sign that their "leader" didn't put on his helm and get his broadsword out of the car until after negotiations were over...

Show Profile  nick Posted: 27 September 2010, 12:19 PM  
gutted, can't make it - but good on you. chasing starts are cool.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 15 February 2011, 1:07 AM  
Back in October this ended up turning into a normal Taupo club event pretty much just using Spa Park. But the good news is that means there are some unused courses for a potential double header sprint day sitting on my computer. A good opportunity to use them would be one of the days between Nationals and the North Island Schools (which Taupo is hosting), however Taupo OC will be already busy with the schools champs preparation. Is there anyone who would like to make these races happen, perhaps as a squad or personal fund raiser? The courses could probably be improved with a bit of tinkering especially as there may have been some changes to the MTB tracks linking the 2 parks, so a visit or 2 to Taupo beforehand might be needed. Anyone who's keen to take this on, contact me at the email address above, and we can get in touch with the TDC and the medieval society to make sure there are no clashes!

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz