maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

04 Sept Earth Quake

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 4 September 2010, 3:05 AM  
Wishing all our Papo friends the strength and energy to get their possesions and life back to normal as soon as possible. I hope no one has been injured from falling chimneys, glass or wotnot. Thinking of you all.

Show Profile  Southernman Posted: 4 September 2010, 6:18 AM  
Hope you guys are all safe and well up there. From your southern neighbours DOC

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 4 September 2010, 2:08 PM  
Best wishes from the Wellington region.

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 4 September 2010, 2:58 PM  
The same from Counties-Manukau. To all our members who have gone south. Chris Rowe, Hilary Iles, and families we are thinking of you and hope all is well.

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 5 September 2010, 3:36 PM  
yep, hope you guys are all OK down there in Canterbury - what a scary event, hope the clean up and repair is speedy, all the best from everyone in Auckland...

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 7 September 2010, 5:03 AM  
Thanks for the messages everybody. The lack of fatalities is a great relief but there are huge problems with infrastructure ( especially sewage and water) and after quakes of 5 +. On the O scene, we have had to postpone the Canty Schools long distance event as it is up near Kaiapopi and has lots of liquifaction etc.

Jean and Al

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 September 2010, 9:52 AM  
Goodness, there must have been an aftershock just as he was typing "Kaiapoi"! But seriously, talk of over 50% of houses having some damage makes worrying reading, that means you are more likely than not to have to spend money and time on your own repairs. And with time being the major ingredient of orienteering you may have to take some tough decisions (liquefaction or not).

"If there's anything we can do..." sounds trite, but its genuine.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 February 2011, 6:39 AM  
Are you are right this time PAPO? Thinking of you ...again.

Show Profile  leepback Posted: 22 February 2011, 7:26 AM  
Looks really bad from what we are seeing on our TV screens - aftershock just now and more of the cathederal falling. Not sure what to say as it must be devestating to all those citizens of CC.

From a personal point of view I am very lucky my mum missed the quake by 2 days as I talked her into going over there saying she'd be OK.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 22 February 2011, 7:27 AM  
Thoughts are with you guys hope everyone one is ok!

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 22 February 2011, 9:57 AM  
Hey does anyone know Michael Smithson's mobile and/or landline?? The Finnish girls travelling NZ are apparently near chch and want to get hold of him???

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 22 February 2011, 12:22 PM  
Same as Michael. I hope you are all ok. Waiting for a positive responce from papo. Its frustrating sitting in Pukekohe not able to help.

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 22 February 2011, 3:38 PM  
yep, thoughts are with you guys down there - wish we could help, take care!

Show Profile  X Posted: 22 February 2011, 4:51 PM  
Oh no not again. Particularly worrying this time as the damage and casualties look far worse. Apart from the city centre it looked as if Sumner may also have been hit hard with huge boulders smashing there way down the hills. God I hope all you people out there are ok.

Should any Papo members be in dire straits and in need of some immediate financial relief or help, would it be possible to set up an account within the club that we could donate something to help, which can then be distributed accordingly. Say the price of a pair shoes or whatever people can afford. If not enough people read this forum then maybe circulate the details via club emails.
But hopefully no one is in such trouble. There are some worrying scenes.

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 23 February 2011, 1:11 AM  
Numbers that were requested. I think the cell number is still valid.
If you need his address or the girls need somewhere else to stay then flick me an email as our house is all okay.
greig.hamilton@gmail.com

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 23 February 2011, 1:29 AM  
The three young Fin girls,who are now in Christchurch are safe and well.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz