maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

WMOC 2010

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 5 August 2010, 10:31 AM  
Erm, no, Tom IS in the A final! Somehow there are 10 more finalists than were in the heats in M75. Miracle! I bet Paul would never have predicted that.

Go Tom!

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 5 August 2010, 10:58 AM  
Never bet money against the octopus.
there will be some tough rivals coming together from the many heats, lots of past champions who are surviving and still excelling after the ravages of time, go the kiwis, and the ozzies.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 August 2010, 2:52 AM  
Ah, but I predicted Tom would be in the final. Rely on traditional tools such as palms, tea leaves and entrails. I predict... that Carsten will get to the start on time.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 6 August 2010, 9:34 PM  
Only due to helpful Swiss rail after he left his bag on the first of our two trains... but he managed to win despite the stressful start to the day

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 7 August 2010, 1:10 AM  
Is it a new winning tactic? The stress means that by start time he's completely wound up - and unbeatable. Congratulations you Chch Danes (1st M40, and 9th W40). And to all kiwis. Ross Brighouse's pulled muscle didn't look to be much of a hindrance (8th M65A). Excellent photos.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 August 2010, 12:15 PM  
Just before we get all excited by WOC, I'd like to mention Ann Scott, 12th W70. And other Australasians, Jenny Bourne 3rd W55; Tracy Marsh 8th W35 would be Tracy Bluett? And Tash Key not far behind. Warren Key near the top as always, in M50.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz