maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Jukola

Show Profile  Bryn Posted: 20 June 2010, 1:36 AM  
Lizzie has had a good run running for South Yorkshire team, started in mass start well back and came back in 36th only 3.43min behind leader thats a wicked run. Im told Todd is in a SYO team aswell thinking hes on leg 3. Dont know about Chris

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 20 June 2010, 2:40 AM  
Chris is running leg 3 for Wing OK.

Terrain sounds tough and green and the weather sounds worse, times are well down on the ewt

Show Profile  Keith Posted: 20 June 2010, 11:44 PM  
Lizzie's run was amazing!! Has any New Zealander ever come back that high in a venla/jukola first leg!?
Given the depth of scandi orienteering that was awesome.

The terraine was brutally tough, very green and hilly, it was technically difficult too. There was also quite heavy rain for the early legs of jukola.

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 21 June 2010, 12:18 PM  
Rachel Smith ran exceptionally well on second leg in 2004: http://www.jukola.com/tulokset/en/j2004_ve/ve/lopputulokset/
...went out 12th and came in 7thon second leg!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 21 June 2010, 1:50 PM  
Rachel Smith, I had nearly forgotten about her, talk about "old school"

Show Profile  darren Posted: 21 June 2010, 2:41 PM  
Reb here - Rach had a gorgeous wee girl yesterday who was also super speedy! (Rach left home at 12.45pm and little one arrived 20min later!) Both doing great : )

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 21 June 2010, 3:24 PM  
Best Aussie result at Venla, 21st (:

http://www.jukola.com/tulokset/en/j1998_ve/ve/lopputulokset/

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 22 June 2010, 4:35 AM  
Tash Rowe was also Natasha Key her married name but they only had 3 girls so Tash ran twice. The officials didn't pick it up, and it was a great effort.

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 22 June 2010, 4:43 AM  
Nicola Scott and Nicki Taws, her maiden name, is the same person, so only 2 girls

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 22 June 2010, 8:09 AM  
Todd did 1.55 for the long night, not too shabby (Chris did 1.50 with I suspect a fair few mistakes. Good luck to all 3 in the World Cup overnight.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 June 2010, 9:42 AM  
The chances of advancing to the quarter-finals seem quite good - 30 out of 72 men and 54 women. In spite of Lizzie's race number! I'll turn my vuvuzela a bit to the right so its pointing towards Stockholm. Campus terrain for the first two races, then old-town terrain. (Re Venla 1998, nice name for a 4-legged team.)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 June 2010, 1:38 PM  
Ah well twas not to be. Lizzie 11sec outside qualifying, haven't got all the men yet but Chris 42sec outside 30th pl at this stage, Todd 55sec further back.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz