maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Student World Champs 2010

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 24 November 2009, 10:32 PM  
The 2010 Student World Champs are being organised by my club in Borlänge Sweden. So if anyone is planning on going you are more than welcome to contact me for tips on anything from terrain info to accommodation alternatives...

http://www.wuoc2010.se/

To contact me leave a message here or write to "al at triona dot se"

Show Profile  addison Posted: 25 November 2009, 11:43 AM  
What about the Student World Boozeo Champs 2010?

Show Profile  GeneO Posted: 26 November 2009, 9:40 AM  
Matt Ogden and myself are planning to go assuming we get into the JWOC team.

Show Profile  angelas Posted: 28 November 2009, 1:46 PM  
definately keen to stay on after JWOC for this event, some insight on terrain would be very handy. looks like we could possibly have a good size NZ team.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 29 November 2009, 5:25 AM  
As long as the whole team makes it to the event...

Show Profile  angelas Posted: 16 December 2009, 8:46 AM  
what about NZ Uni Games? Southland April 13-16 Can we get orienteering included? Brian Bushal help???!

Show Profile  GeneO Posted: 16 December 2009, 1:29 PM  
a few mens elites deciding to go back to uni... will be much harder to qualify than I first thought

Show Profile  Svend Posted: 18 December 2009, 9:46 AM  
Angela, re Southland Uni Gamed, this from Matt Sillars of Sport Southland:" We did consider orienteering, but being limited to 24 sporting codes, the ultimate decision was made by Unisport NZ. (The Uni Games controlling body)
Their final decision took in many factors including past sporting codes' participation rates/likely successes etc.

I am a casual orienteer myself and I am aware of the many excellent maps/sites you have in the immediate environs of Invercargill and the Club's undoubted capability to host a UniGames Event here."

Show Profile  angelas Posted: 18 December 2009, 12:55 PM  
Thanks for the reply
but thats a shame, universities like to have us represent them.Slightly embarrrassing when your sport doesn't even feature. It would also be a good way to publicise the sport. If we are going to have a NZ University team then it makes sense to have a NZ uni games event. Not sure what we can do about this...

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 21 December 2009, 1:35 AM  
Talk about it, make clubs aware of it, this is the first time I've ever heard of a NZ Uni Games. Assure clubs that they would get a worthwhile entry (might require combining with a non-uni event). Talk to the fixtures officer.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 21 December 2009, 3:32 AM  
Michael your own daughter won a NZ university title (I think, or it was Mary Rutledge and Tone had a place) at the orienteering part of a NZ uni games that was in Chch in the late 80s/early 90s. Ross Wakelin and I organised orienteering to be a part of it.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 21 December 2009, 3:55 AM  
Uni games in rotorua in 2008 was a very poor turnout, from memory out of the 10 or so competitors there was one girl and four guys who orienteer at club level. I'm not suprised that it hasnt been included.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 21 December 2009, 8:11 AM  
If you want to fly somewhere to just get on the piss then you might as well just put your name down for JWOC

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 22 December 2009, 3:34 AM  
you've just shattered all my dreams Greg

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 24 December 2009, 9:03 AM  
Well well shows you what a high profile this has had, Angelas...

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz