Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

Sprint the Bay 2010

Show Profile  JD Posted: 6 January 2010, 11:17 AM  
Where is everyone staying?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 6 January 2010, 2:04 PM  
Don't wet your pants James.

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 6 January 2010, 2:55 PM  
A slight change has been made for which of the races that counts for the SuperSeries in the Sprint the Bay after a couple of wise points have been made by wise old men on maptalk.

The second race (Saturday morning) is counting as an individual race and the overall results (best 5 of 6) is counting for the SuperSeries. The results will be calculated as %tage after the winner.

Show Profile  James Posted: 7 January 2010, 2:29 AM  
I dont see why people try and cut others down over being exicted about an event? If an athlete cannot get excited and look forward to a competition, then what is there for motivation? What gets you out the door each day for training? I reckon that competitions are more fun when the racing is tight, and mistakes are cut throat, so i try and encourage greater depth through increased entries.

I would also like to see an improved competition with the superseries, but no one seems to take it that seriously. I thought that it was one of the goals of the high performance strategy to increase the standard and awareness of the superseries? We cant do that if there arent elites lining up to compete. The Superseries is supposed to be our premier set of events, but when you get an elite superseries team member and NZOF vice president knocking back someone trying to help and improve it, i guess you can understand why we are not having great success with this competition!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 7 January 2010, 3:36 AM  
Sprint the Bays should be good times.

Brent and I plan to book at the Hastings Top Ten Holiday park, and will camp, it would be nice to have some company.

Aside from the social aspect, kicking some junior and wannabe elite arse will be pleasurable.

ps: wondering if you are a wannnabe elite? well if you are wondering you probably are ;-)

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 7 January 2010, 3:57 AM  
Exactly James, the Superseries should have a large and competitive field. Which is exactly what most people were discussing on here - the fact that the Friday night race was unmakeable for some people without taking time off work. Just wondering what is going to happen for the event the following weekend now?

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 7 January 2010, 4:05 AM  
If you cant make the race on the Friday evening and can get here a bit later Greg you could go to the Black Barn just down the road as Hayley Westerna is singing at her only concert in NZ for this year....its outdoor and a lovely venue'

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 7 January 2010, 4:12 AM  
Excellent, sounds like the Top Ten Holiday park is the place to stay.

So what... just take time off work. Thats what I had to do...do you live to work or work to Orienteer? Its all about getting your priorities straight.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 7 January 2010, 4:16 AM  
Todd, the maps are all sprint standard, thats why its called sprint the bay not street the bay.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 January 2010, 4:38 AM  
James if I was you I would tread very carefully when you say I shouldn't be saying things just because I am the NZOF Vice President. Especially considering all I told you is not to wet your pants.

Super Series, used to be great. Now with no or very limited funding you find many don't travel. The Super Series used to be known well in advance, it used to say we need an event here and work would be done on making that happen. Now it is lack lustre, events are used when they suit and we now have no season. If I was a business owner I wouldn't sponsor it, why would I? No amount of talking it up on Maptalk is going to change anything James.

On a seperate note I am really pleased to see this event taking place, well done Morrison family!

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 7 January 2010, 5:20 AM  
Keep it up James and fans. Excited people breed excitement. Addison sounds a bit sad and negative. Perhaps he's over worked with his new job because normally he is a bit more constructive than this. I'd say NZOF vice president is a good position to help improve things...not just slag off innovation.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 7 January 2010, 1:50 PM  
People need to learn to read rather than seeing what they want to see then having a cry.

Darren, not everyone has a 'do as they please, work where and when they want job' like you, some people work shift or in operations where you cant leave until the next shift starts or the work is finished

Val, did you not see I said I had it sorted for sprint the bay, I'm hitting up the fact we had 2 weeks notice of the remainder of the Super Series, and so called National Squad Camp

Tane, 7 weeks off to orienteer in Europe or 1 day to run around a small NZ town for 15 mins, umm no brainier there

Jamie I'm wondering if you are a wannabe elite....

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 7 January 2010, 5:46 PM  
Jamie was a wannabe elite. Now he is an elite wannabe.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 8 January 2010, 12:30 AM  
Rather amusing that the current Oceania champion is referred to as a wannabe (not that J needs defending)

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 8 January 2010, 3:27 AM  
Hey guys,
Entry is now open until the 12th to cater for people coming back from holiday.
Cheers
Duncan

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz