maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

World Rogaine Champs 2010

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 11 September 2009, 5:29 AM  
The website for the 9th World Rogaining Championship at Cheviot next year is now open: wrc2010.org.nz

With a maximum of 550 participants it will be important to apply as soon as online entries open on 1 Nov. Criteria defined by the International Rogaining Federation will guarantee acceptance for some teams; swing by the NZOF Rogaine website for a draft of those criteria: www.mapsport.co.nz/rog/rogaine.html

The NZ Championship on 17/18 April is NOT expected to have any restrictions!

Show Profile  darren Posted: 11 September 2009, 6:39 AM  
The last 2 World Rogaine Champs had 691 and 748 competitors. Why is the maximum so low Michael?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 11 September 2009, 8:15 AM  
The World Champs are being run by NZRA, you'll have to ask them. Often limits are imposed by landowners.

Show Profile  robert06 Posted: 12 September 2009, 4:15 AM  
I'd heard a rumour or 2 about the entry criteria for this event!?! Just have a look http://www.mapsport.co.nz/rog/wrcdraftrestrict.html the draft entry restrictions. If I read this correctly almost all the reserved entry qualifying events have already been held!!!! Have I missed something, why would you have a draft (not final) for an event (WRC 2010) with the reserved entry events already history? The mind boggles.

Its too late to put entry restrictions via historic events results as qualifying criteria and expect to be seen as credible.

If the international rogaine federation (well semi as Australia rogaine founders are not members but get historic qualifying events) want/need entry criteria then put them on before the qualifiers are history.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 November 2010, 7:46 AM  
Chris Forne (and Marcel Hagener) by a MILE (850 points). Hagener is a German who lives in NZ and is a member of Brent's AR team.

Some other top kiwi results:
Greig Hamilton and Phil Novis 4th
Bill Edwards and Yvette Baker 9th o'all, 2nd open and vet mixed
Hamish Goodwin and Pete Swanson 16th o'all and 1st vet men
Ted van Geldermalsen (well he WAS a kiwi) with Derek Morris 22nd o'all, 2nd vet, 1st supervet
Rowan Nguteren and Carl Jansson 26th o'all, 1st junior men
Trish Faulkner and Anne Kennedy 1st womens supervet

Full results: www.wrc2010.org.nz

Show Profile  Chris Posted: 23 November 2010, 12:05 AM  
How about Aiden Boswell and Erin Roberts 5th mixed open and 17th overall. 850 points isn't a mile, Chris and Marcel destroyed the opposition.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 23 November 2010, 1:00 PM  
Top 3 routes on the website now. Clearly Forne and Hagener would have won no matter what their route or strategy - they covered 23km more than their nearest rivals! (Figures probably beeline ones, actual would be even greater.)

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 25 November 2010, 12:13 AM  
Good advertisement for Inov8 shoes in the commentary on sportzhub.

Marcel Hagener wore new Inov8's and never had a blister despite running for 18 hours of the race and power walking the rest.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 25 November 2010, 6:36 AM  
yeah but which ones? my older ones give me blisters

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 25 November 2010, 7:23 AM  
lol, don't forget that the team was sponsored by Inov8. It is possible that Marcel exaggerated slightly.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz