maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Tiomila 2009

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 15 April 2009, 9:06 PM  
On Saturday night Swedish time it'll be time for the first of the four big relays of the year (the others being Jukola, WOC, and the Morrinsville-Primary-School-Round-The-Rugby-Field-O-Relay - see Freg Glynn).

I know that at least Ross will be running the 13km first leg in Team 30 for OK Pan Ã…rhus; and Chris is running the gruesome 18km 4th leg with no splits for Team 53 - Wing OK.

See http://www.10mila.se/2009/index.asp?page=&lang=1&avd= for more information. There'll be the usual Web-Tv, tracking etc. I guess.

Show Profile  darren Posted: 16 April 2009, 12:41 AM  
Are you running AL?

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 16 April 2009, 1:02 AM  
Terrain (Tiomila 2009)
The courses for the Junior relay and the Open relay pass mainly relatively easy running areas, mostly old farmland, with a very consistent net of paths and stone walls. The area is dominated by spruce forests of varying age.

Women's relay starts in a little more stressed wilderness area of relatively flat height parties, largely dominated by spruce and wonderful beech parties with good visibility. The tracks end in a terrain with reduced runnability.

Men's relay at the challenge offered in four terrain types. Large flat height parties, old farmland, jungle, and for the longer courses lovely beech forest, with abundant contours.

The Swedes sure know how to party.

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 16 April 2009, 1:03 AM  
Nope. I'm team manager and selecter for Stora Tuna. I'm also about 3rd in the emergency reserve list for the 2nd team. My bionic hip is only really at the level of the edge of the 2nd team anyway.

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 16 April 2009, 1:08 AM  
You can also party in the sauna after running too Paul, BYO beer!

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 16 April 2009, 5:26 AM  
I'm sure Ross and Chris will like that, hope they remember the duty free.

Show Profile  John Marshall Posted: 16 April 2009, 12:52 PM  
Also Emily running the 5km leg for Wing's damer team. I'm sure her recent relay experience at the JK will serve her well and that she'll be over her cold by now.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 16 April 2009, 11:58 PM  
Keith Agmen also running one of the nastiest legs for his Swedish club's 3rd team... or something like that

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 17 April 2009, 1:11 PM  
Chris seems to be getting ready for his long night with a bit of sprinting around:
http://www.opn.no/bergersen-og-forne-vant-i-trondheim.4581276.html

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 17 April 2009, 2:08 PM  
Trondheim Sprint Cup looks a nice simple concept. Two courses, pretty well everyone on the longer one. Couldn't quite get the reference to gaffling, do they just accept the small differences in the legs? Guess this is to get everyone through quickly, this is after work?

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz