maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Squad PB's and O Squad Blog

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 February 2009, 11:24 AM  
Yeah, Tinakori is nice and local but there's a bit of pine-removal happening - Stu had the makings of one near the Scottish clubhouse too- Mt Victoria could be an option across the area with the downhill mtb tracks...

Show Profile  addison Posted: 4 February 2009, 1:30 PM  
I'd be impressed with 4hrs and 15mins for the GREEN mile

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 4 February 2009, 2:53 PM  
Come on, I know it wasn't the greatest film ever but it didn't drag on that much did it?

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 4 February 2009, 3:31 PM  
Ha no no my friends. The Green Mile that is being spoken of is a far fetched dream of one Mr Addison wherby I believe one competes (or completes) by consuming a vessel in each Pub aong a 1 Mile Strip in Hamilton - although I am not entirely sure of the format or whether you criss cross between venues or go down one side and up the other.

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 5 February 2009, 1:53 PM  
Curiousity got the better of me. I asked Robbie about his times. They're a bit scary for me. Have a look. The dates are about right. I'm gonna stick to eating pies.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 5 February 2009, 3:25 PM  
That Sports Illustrated story is classic. Of course it is "our" Robbie. My personal favourite:

In the morning I jogged a few miles. Outside the hotel I found Robinson changing shoes. He ran 100 yards down an alley, returned, sat down and began changing shoes again.

"Foot problems?"

"Oh, no. It's just that to get these back into New Zealand without paying twice their value in duty, they have to be used."

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 5 February 2009, 5:08 PM  
"That vodka's great stuff. My blisters have gone away already."

Classic, I think Dave tried this once

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 5 February 2009, 5:36 PM  
can't remember if it's gin or vodka, but if you sacrifice a nip into a bucket of water and wash your fav running shirt in there, it's supposed to get rid of that strange sweaty aroma that sometimes developes - and the leftovers could make an interesting electrolite drink!

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 8 February 2009, 3:12 PM  
Of course, if instead, you wash your fave running shirt in a bucket of gin or vodka with a nip of water you simply develop an interesting reputation in the orienteering community

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 9 February 2009, 4:44 AM  
Trust me onemanfanclub until your suggested formular is proven to enhance orienteering results I stress there is no link between henous amounts of alcohol and any reputation I may have in the O community - although,quite possibly it may seem that way at times.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 9 February 2009, 2:31 PM  
So says the man known quite famously as the town drunk of Tokoroa in the 1980's ...

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 10 February 2009, 2:42 AM  
Mmmmmm Vodka

Show Profile  Todd Oates Posted: 10 February 2009, 4:03 AM  
Carsten Jorgensen
27:54.76 10000m
46:13 10 miles
61:55 Half Marathon

Marten Bostrom
29:19.73 10000m

Andrey Khramov
14:05 5000m

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 10 February 2009, 5:58 AM  
Oh I wish HeadHoncho, that would be quite a feat.
Could be easy to mistake local diet for alcohol abuse for an outsider, not realising toddlers are wheened off milk early on and move to a high carb intake as part of their birthrite.

Show Profile  Todd Oates Posted: 16 February 2009, 1:58 AM  
I can't put anything into the spreadsheet it seems. Can someone please transfer these for me:
5km 16:35 (2009)
1/2 marathon 75:47 (2009)
Marathon 2:48:57 (2008)

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz