maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Squad PB's and O Squad Blog

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 2 February 2009, 8:18 AM  
Hey, just thought I'd alert people to a new initiative which any keen person is welcome to join in on. Theres now a Squad PB's spreadsheet online with the goal of tracking improvement in our physical performance.

Anyone is welcome to join in and post their times, maybe we have some vets quicker than squad members?

You can link to it through the O Squad blog (maptalk links), which I am starting to get more active again.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 2 February 2009, 8:21 AM  
What's with the Angry Midgets videos on the blog? lol

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 2 February 2009, 3:16 PM  
I try and change the video blog and news keywords to provide amusement and information. I'm actually more pleased with the "total ankle replacement" information at the moment, and past highlights have included multiple viewing of Flight of the Conchords.

Thanks to those helping to establish the pb's sheet. I'm eyeing up Robbies 800metre time, was that really in 1985 Robbie, you must have been the fastest 50 year old ever ;-)

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 2 February 2009, 3:28 PM  
Learn to read Jamie, John Robertson, not John Robinson

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 2 February 2009, 3:30 PM  
Colm Rothery, who was here for Oceanias was the fastest 40 year old back in 2000 (he was in NZ around that time too) he did 800m in 1:50.69, currently sitting 3rd of all time

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 2 February 2009, 3:36 PM  
Although Robbie if you read this, how far off a sub 3 hour marathon do you reckon you are now?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 3 February 2009, 2:13 AM  
oops :-) easy mistake to make aye! Bunch of legends the lot of them.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 3 February 2009, 2:32 AM  
Interesting reading Jamie!

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 3 February 2009, 12:25 PM  
I reckon Greg and Robbie should have a race. I'm actually interested to see who would win?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 3 February 2009, 1:00 PM  
I'd love to see them do the Green Mile race.

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 3 February 2009, 5:54 PM  
Hi greg Ive just tuned in.Interesting--with the correct training and dedication a sub 3hr is possable. At the moment training is way below requirement and I would need motivation.The stamina is there but to train correctly you need a program that has balance and designed for the purpose. It is a shame a lot of you elites dont understand what I am writing about other wise you would run so much faster.To both Simons--a race with a 70yr old is hardly fair over a mile. But if you want to talk about how to train correctly--thats different.Are you interested or do you know it all!

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 4 February 2009, 4:16 AM  
I actually think from the tone Simon is backing you, Robbie!

I agree more could do better with knowing how to train but even if they do know what they should be doing, they need to have the determination to do it. My guess is that's what's missing for many.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 February 2009, 8:35 AM  
Keen to see Carstens times up too! And some mile pb's as I know there are some close to 4 minutes around. A couple of terrain time trial loops in various places could be good for real specific comparisons - eg every visit to Wellington/Auckland/Christchurch run a 1km marked loop through some terrain that is typical o-terrain. Used to be a good one in Canberra for blood lactate tests.

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 4 February 2009, 9:38 AM  
I think Alistair Stewart has run 4:15 for the mile in his illustrious past.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 4 February 2009, 9:52 AM  
yeah withya Mick, I tried to convince squad members to do this in akld,chch and welly when I was living in Gizzy. Now I'm in Welly I better make one happen. Where do you reckon? Somewhere convenient for me of course ;-)

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 4 February 2009, 10:06 AM  
Used to have one in Rimutaka Forest Park but it got trashed by logging and floods. No I tell a lie before that it got overgrown becos people didn't use it. Keep trying. Should be something on Tinakori Hill.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz