maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Oceania transport

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 25 November 2008, 3:32 PM  
Post here if you need a lift or can offer one at Oceania 2009...its a big island

Show Profile  superOman Posted: 28 November 2008, 1:51 PM  
Have room in car for one other from Wellington going Jan 2. Share with 2 others. Flexible pick up location nth or sth island

Show Profile  TOM.L Posted: 29 November 2008, 8:21 AM  
Hi, my wife and I are looking for a lift to Queenstown after the last day event on 11 Jan and we are happy to share the cost incurred.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 2 December 2008, 3:01 PM  
From William McManus...
"I am travelling about the country for the Oceania orienteering series and offer a ride from Christchurch to Nelson on the 2/1/09 after lunch, I'm staying in Richmond with family, then to Caanan downs on the 3rd, back to Richmond for the night, then to Blenheim on the 4th. After the event back to Christchurch.
Also travelling to all local Christchurch events, with a trailer and Marquee , to put up and take down at the end of the event.
I have a Camry with only myself in it.
So free travel to anyone for the payment of some driving to Nelson and return, plus local events.
This could also extend to Duntroon and Naseby as well
Feel free to contact me either by email wmacman@ihug.co.nz or phone 03 352 3291 or 0274 548 425"
William MacManus

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 2 December 2008, 3:03 PM  
And from Jane in Dunedin...

"Does anyone need accommodation at Duntroon?

Thursday 8th and Friday 9th January:

Three cabins have been booked (by Dunedin orienteers) at the Dansey's Pass motor camp - that's about 5Km from the Duntroon map and at the start of the Dansey's Pass road to Naseby. There are a few bunks available (and it is also THE most delightful setting if you are planning to take a tent).

If you'd like cabin space, e-mail me ASAP and I'll try and sort out a bunk/s for you."

Jane Cloete , Dunedin

Show Profile  Jean Posted: 5 December 2008, 7:28 PM  
Jean from Ireland here. I am looking to share both transport and accommoation for Oceania. Between William McManus and Jane in Dunedin I think I might be fixed up. I would like to take up both offers, I think they should be compatible.

Jean O'Neill, Fingal Orienteers, Dublin, Ireland.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 12 December 2008, 12:26 PM  
Looking for a ride from the final naseby race to Mosgeil/Dunedin - closer to the airport the better. I'm on what must be the first flight out on monday morning so also suggestions on somewhere close to the airport to stay also welcome (...or possible venues for a sunday night all-nighter in Dunedin?, ok maybe not...). Email me at nic_gorman at yahoo dot com dot au or ring 07 878 4922 or just catch up during the o-week, I'm not panicking just yet!

Show Profile  Jean Posted: 12 December 2008, 7:49 PM  
to Jane from Dunedin- please could I have your email address so I can contact you directly re cabin space.

Jean O'Neill

Show Profile  jana Posted: 18 December 2008, 4:13 PM  
Looking for a ride from Christchurch to Duntroon event, as later as better. And than might need as well Duntroon -> Naseby and Naseby -> Christchurch. Happy to contribute to petrol expenses. If someone has space, please text me 02102934987 or write jana.nyklova@centrum.cz, but I won't be checking my e-mail often. William MacManus, are you going there from Christchurch? Anyway I might call you at some point, I will be at the Cragieburn long distance on 7/1, so will try to catch you there. Thanks. Accomodation probably have to sort out according to the ride.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 21 December 2008, 12:53 AM  
With email address...
"Does anyone need accommodation at Duntroon?

Thursday 8th and Friday 9th January:

Three cabins have been booked (by Dunedin orienteers) at the Dansey's Pass motor camp - that's about 5Km from the Duntroon map and at the start of the Dansey's Pass road to Naseby. There are a few bunks available (and it is also THE most delightful setting if you are planning to take a tent).

If you'd like cabin space, e-mail me ASAP and I'll try and sort out a bunk/s for you.

Jane Cloete , Dunedin

j.cloete@xtra.co.nz

Show Profile  liggo Posted: 21 December 2008, 3:16 AM  
Looking for a lift back from Naseby to Christchurch after the first Naseby event on Saturday. Willing to share petrol and promise not to make any sheep jokes. Paul Liggins.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 21 December 2008, 5:59 PM  
Liggo, you won't be making sheep jokes if you meet the likes of our monster of the highlands 'Shrek' or some of his bros.

I'll be parting company with my cargo at naseby (sorry Nic) and so will have room for a couple of people to take to ChCh. I'll be off line for most of the time before the event as going bush so if you still need the ride track me down at any of the races from the sprint onwards, driving a silver Mitsi challenger 4WD. [BTB...]

Also there should be space for one person (I will have a bit of residual luggage from our family holiday)to join gorman and I from Craigeburn to Duntroon to Naseby if anyone needs a lift for that leg. Heading south via twizle (don't know why - ask nic)
Try liasing with nic (see onemanfanclub above)if you are keen and can handle smelly o socks.
Paul Ireland

Show Profile  liggo Posted: 22 December 2008, 1:33 PM  
Paul I

That would be great. Count me in.

Paul L

Show Profile  possumdex Posted: 31 December 2008, 1:05 PM  
1. Ride for 2 available Blenheim to ChCh Sunday afternoon
2. Two seats available ChCh to Craigieburn Wednesday. We are helpers on the day so return trip will be later.
3. One seat available ChCh to Duntroon & Naseby (probable o/night Thursday at Oamaru and see the penguins!)
4. Three seats available Naseby to ChCh

Will be at all events - White Toyota HiAce Pop-top campervan. Rego. MK 7996. - Andrew McGowan

Show Profile  gerard Posted: 7 January 2009, 9:29 AM  
Hi, I am going from Chch to Duntroon and back on Friday, wondering if snyone would like to share the drive? I have a car or could catch a ride with someone else.

Give me a call or txt on 021 588732 if interested

Gerard

Show Profile  gerard Posted: 7 January 2009, 9:29 AM  
Hi, I am going from Chch to Duntroon and back on Friday, wondering if snyone would like to share the drive? I have a car or could catch a ride with someone else.

Give me a call or txt on 021 588732 if interested

Gerard

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz