maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

The Wendy's Great New Zealand Santa Run

Show Profile  runningbeast Posted: 25 November 2008, 4:54 AM  
A 3km fun run/walk around the Viaduct Harbour . . . dressed in a Santa suit!

The Santa Run concept is big internationally with many Santa runs in the major cities around the world - about time New Zealand had one really! So this year we have the first NZ Santa run in Auckland and in 2009 Santa Runs are planned for all the major centres around the country.

Our recipient charity is Cure Kids. Entry fee is just $25 per person which includes a Santa hat. For an additional $10 you can get a full Santa suit. We're encouraging everyone to dress up as Santa for the run/walk.

All entrants get a Santa bag of goodies and the chance at some great spot prizes.

Starts at 6.30pm on Wednesday 10th December, at the Waitemata Plaza on the Viaduct Harbour.

Show Profile  runningbeast Posted: 25 November 2008, 5:37 AM  
www.nzsantarun.co.nz

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 25 November 2008, 6:47 AM  
nice work Shaun, nothing like a bit of fun/absurb behaviour to raise money for sick kids!

Happy to help out 2009 when you head down south.

Also, might be worth thinking about being more explicit with what happens to peoples money, ie 100% goes to the kids, 50% etc. There has always been heaps of gossip around the cure kids AR as to how much money the event director took home, and it sucks if people are doing it for the love of it, to have that gossip.

J

Show Profile  runningbeast Posted: 25 November 2008, 9:05 AM  
Thanks Jamie - I was gong to look you up for the South Island events - actually this forum was going to be my first stop to find organisers to help me in the other centre.

I'll get the Auckland 2008 version done and then start gettibg sorted for the bigger and better 2009 series.

Fair point re the profits - a slightly different story though as this is $25 to enter versus $5,000 per corporate team. At this stage it looks to be at least 50% of the entry fee goes to Cure Kids.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 25 November 2008, 10:43 AM  
true, that is a big difference in scale aye.

good luck man good on you.

Show Profile  marcusd Posted: 25 November 2008, 11:40 PM  
Shaun - keen to talk about an event in Rotorua in 2009.

Show Profile  runningbeast Posted: 2 December 2008, 9:40 AM  
So far we have 100 Santa's registered for the inaugural Wendy's Great NZ Santa Run so its going to quite a spectacle seeing them all run around the Auckland Viaduct Harbour.

Any orienteers going to represent?

More info and entry online at www.nzsantarun.co.nz

Show Profile  mark Posted: 3 December 2008, 7:11 AM  
I will probably be there as a spectator.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 4 December 2008, 1:30 PM  
Any chance of a Benneydale Santa Run in 09? A few guys round here you'd only need to supply with the clothes, not the beards, though I suspect the only way you'd get at least one of them to run is tell him either the cops or his missus were after him...

Show Profile  runningbeast Posted: 11 December 2008, 1:43 AM  
The Santa Runw as a great success !

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10547539

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?eventId=83957004#

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 11 December 2008, 9:31 AM  
Could be wrong but is there a Santa P. Swanson in the front row of the herald photo?

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz