maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Wanted to Buy

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 22 June 2008, 1:37 PM  
Adidas Trackpants 84cm waist. Not just any old trackpants, but the sort they made 20 or so years ago. Probably black with 3 white stripes, stovepipe fit with stirrup, one pocket with zip, slightly stretchy material. Yes I'm prepared to look seriously uncool, they are warm, comfortable, don't snag and 2 pairs have lasted my entire professional mapping career. Most likely location: an older person's bottom drawer or an op shop.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 22 June 2008, 1:57 PM  
Sounds like an antique, must be worth a fair bit ;-)

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 22 June 2008, 4:16 PM  
haha..michael i have some in blue dunno if i'd sell them though, but i do agree they are the most comfortable pants ever, mine were my mums!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 July 2008, 4:20 AM  
I didn't expect this to be easy, just hope some of you remember my request when you visit op shops!

Now another request. "Murder at the Thirteenth Control" and other short stories, by Wilf Holloway. Paperback published by Orienteering Service of Australia.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 13 July 2008, 5:48 AM  
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I got my copy from "Wellington Orienteering Supplies" or whatever they used to be called. Must have been a line that was discontinued when they were taken over by that big conglomerate "Mapsport Services" - you could try asking them, though ;-)

Seriously though, remind me sometime and I'll see if I can still dig it up.

Show Profile  superOman Posted: 13 July 2008, 6:43 AM  
The title is at the 'fourtenth control, there is one for sale on Amazon at the moment for around $30

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 11 October 2012, 6:46 AM  
I'm still looking for those retro Adidas trackpants. OTOH Wilf Holloway has just republished "Murder at the 14th Control" and "Modern Orienteering Training". Both classics.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz