maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

new slant on events NZ SINGLESPEED CHAMPS

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 April 2008, 8:17 AM  
Here's a way to make a weekend out of one race (and one gear). Enter for race plus movie/party/breakfast or one or other. It's the NZ Singlespeed champs are in Rotorua - they must have some good mtb trails there. Entry form details:

THE WEEKENDER, Race and Party!!
• Movie night at the Pig & Whistle, Friday April 25
• The Race and Race pack
• Prize giving party at the Pig & Whistle, Saturday April 26
• Recovery Breakfast at the Pig & Whistle, Sunday April 27
EARLY BIRD BEFORE March 21, 2008 - $75.00 LATE BIRD - $85.00

THE TEETOTALLER If you only want to do the race this is the one for you.
• The Race and Race pack only
EARLY BIRD BEFORE March 21, 2008 - $55.00 LATE BIRD - $65.00

THE PARTY ANIMAL This is the one for those who just want to kick back and have some fun and includes:
• Movie night at the Pig & Whistle, Friday April 25
• Prize giving party at the Pig & Whistle, Saturday April 26
• Recovery Breakfast at the Pig & Whistle, Sunday April 27
EARLY BIRD BEFORE March 21, 2008 - $35.00

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 4 April 2008, 9:29 AM  
The bikers have made an art-form out of eg single-speeds, and there's a retro category in the Karapoti (I think that's no suspension, don't know about skinny tires.)

So what about, ahhh, barefoot orienteering (where are you Mark Stewart?) A category for those prepared to use a 30-year-old black 'n' white map (maybe controls could be put on those little pine-tree symbols they used to have). The best green and brown o-suit with patched-up knees. Dya think Trinny and Susannah would be available to judge?

Show Profile  marcusd Posted: 4 April 2008, 1:21 PM  
Mick - I am involved in the organisation of the SS champs in Vegas. It will be an awesome weekend. Did I mention we have beer sponsorship? Well, we have beer sponsorship! A lot of it, from Speights.

I look at the SS champs like a Booze-O. Good fun and excellent stories afterwards.

Perhaps the next O festival should have a Booze-O organised you can enter as part of the event package?

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 April 2008, 4:09 PM  
Would love to turn up with trusty ss cyclo. But still negotiating time off for the rogaine in Taupo. Seems like great value, most dedicated mtbers I know have an SS hidden away as well as some experience with speights. Like the idea of the (tattooed) winner getting assistance to the worlds which seems to be even more of a party, with a race thrown in.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 4 April 2008, 4:12 PM  
Would love to turn up with trusty ss cyclo. But still negotiating time off for the rogaine in Taupo. Seems like great value, most dedicated mtbers I know have an SS hidden away as well as some experience with speights. Like the idea of the (tattooed) winner getting assistance to the worlds which seems to be even more of a party, with a race thrown in.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 April 2008, 3:35 PM  
You seem to have a 2-speed computer tho Mick.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 7 April 2008, 3:11 AM  
yes

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 7 April 2008, 3:11 AM  
yes

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 12 April 2008, 5:29 AM  
In an exciting development for Maptalk, Mick is actually posting in 3-D. If you don't have access to a photogrammetry machine, just stare cross eyed at all his double postings and the words will leap out at you in all their glory...

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 14 April 2008, 3:46 AM  
Mark Stewart.... Well... He owns and runs an independant cd shop in Eastridge (small shopping mall in mission bay Auckland) and is also doing some sort of post grad study in ???? at Uni of Auckland.
And his days of orienteering barefoot are (as far as I know) well behind him...

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz