maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

otago champs

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 12 March 2008, 5:49 AM  
There was a post Waitangi writeup which went into NZO. We probably should have put that up on the web too. But as it was, Carsten was only getting only a few hours sleep getting Otago champs ready so it didn't happen. Writing articles for magazines doesn't seem to be in the job description for HP director and I don't think Carsten charges for the hours that he did doing it. Jamie has taken over doing endurance magazine which is good and hopefully that will give more time for getting something onto the web.

This message was edited by Jenni on 12 March 2008, 4:54 PM

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 12 March 2008, 7:46 AM  
Otago Long Distance Results
Course 2 - Dist: 4.9 km - Climb: 215 m
W21E
1st Jenni Adams 59:53
2nd Greta Knarston 1:00:01
3rd Tessa Ramsden 1:00:36
4th Sara Wallen 1:02:15
5th Rita Homes 1:03:28
6th Lara Prince 1:05:59
7th Georgia Whitla 1:07:03

Course 1 - Dist: 9.3 km - Climb: 480 m

M21E

1st Chris Forne 1:21:37
2nd Matt Scott 1:22:27
3rd Jamie Stewart 1:24:28
4th Michael Adams 1:25:25
5th Bruce McLeod 1:25:35
6th Alistair Cory-Wright 1:25:49
7th Mark Lawson 1:27:32
8th Tane Cambridge 1:28:27
9th Carsten Joergensen 1:28:35
10th Bryn Davies 1:29:33
11th James Bradshaw 1:32:24
12th Aaron Prince 1:34:32
13th Jim Cotter 1:37:47
14th Andrew Johnstone 1:41:31
15th Simon Jaeger 1:50:56
16th Nick Harris 1:56:06
17th Neil Kerrison 1:57:31
18th Martin Peat 2:01:34
19th Rhys John 2:10:50
20th Daniel Johnston 2:23:00
Greg Flynn DNF

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 12 March 2008, 8:12 AM  
Yeah anyone interested in writing for/collating (don't count your chickens re collating) endurance sport please step forward, otherwise it may go undone.

I find it difficult because of a clash between my events and my orienteering role. The distinction is unclear to outsiders.

Cheers

J

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 12 March 2008, 8:55 AM  
The point tables are now available on the SuperSeries Homepage, follow link in the top right hand corner of this page.
I totally agree that there should be as much information available as fast as possible for everybody to keep it all more interesting. I'll strive to do better in the future.

This message was edited by Casser on 12 March 2008, 4:15 PM

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 12 March 2008, 3:47 PM  
As for the roles for getting info out there to magazines etc....
I believe there is a clearly defined role (by NZOF) in the form of a media officer....yet it has been advertised for a long long time and no one has been keen to take up the job.

So I don't think there is anything wrong with the defined roles...its just finding people to fill these roles

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 13 March 2008, 5:33 AM  
The points table for the teams competition has been recalculated and updated on the SuperSeries homepage, which has brought MacNut Northerners up to be even with Herd Homes Central Magic now sharing the 2nd place behind Bivouac Southerly Storm.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 13 March 2008, 8:07 AM  
chances are if no one is keen maybe the definition needs to be looked at...?

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 14 March 2008, 2:07 AM  
Yes the job description has been looked at and changed. The new position is Marketing and Promotions Officer which encompasses the old role of Media officer whilst also helping with the marketing side of the Magazine.

http://www.nzorienteering.com/nzof/situations_vacant.htm

Show Profile  nick Posted: 17 March 2008, 6:07 AM  
I took a few photos at the Naseby Sprint... the better ones I've posted online, here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/northcotenick/OtagoChamps2008Naseby

so feel free to look & download any that you like. they're not on maptalk photos yet, i might get around to it... there are more, if you *really* want, but you probably look gumby as or way uglier than real life, so I've done you a favour and not made them available worldwide via the internet... I'll delete them soon(maybe).

it was a great pleasure to run at Naseby. thanks to setters and controllers for the choice courses, and DOC for providing the whole affair.

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 19 March 2008, 9:52 AM  
Martin Peat has been very helpfull and put up the sprint and middle distance events on RouteGadget. Please take the opportunity to draw your route choice and hopefully get some feedback on which was the fastest way to go and what to look out for in the future!
http://www.cmorienteering.com/gadget/cgi-bin/reitti.pl

This message was edited by Casser on 19 March 2008, 4:53 PM

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 19 March 2008, 2:29 PM  
Cool photos Nick! - are you taking any at Nationals?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 20 March 2008, 2:37 AM  
c'mon bro Maptalk photos, theres some nice action shots there.

Be good to have some more people contributing there as it really does make a difference/ make it easier for those of us who try and get some wider publicity for orienteering.

In these technological ages anyone can take ok photos, and its a very small investment of time banging some up there.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 20 March 2008, 4:36 AM  
like i said... i might get around to putting them on maptalk photos. i do support the idea and i have contributed some photos already. i don't currently have time to post the naseby photos.

i'm bringing my camera to nationals, although my own race(s) will take priority over photography ...and i'll be racing at the same time as most of the elites... so my opportunities will be limited.

I agree with Jamie - anyone can take photos these days. I just use a compact digital camera, nothing fancy.
*set it to the highest resolution
*if you've got a "sport" mode, use it, otherwise "auto" will do
*find a scenic spot where you know runners will come by
*shoot heaps of photos (theres no film to develop so it costs nothing)
*don't delete anything until you've seen it on computer screen (unless you've got a tiny memory card) - you might be able to create a good photo by cropping/adjusting settings
*get them up on maptalk photos

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 March 2008, 4:44 AM  
Ahhh, Naseby, sprint mecca of New Zealand!

Am I right in thinking that area over by Coalpit Dam where the middle started hasn't been used for quite a while? Has the vegetation improved?

Naseby is a national treasure - and to think that a mining company these days would have to reinstate it as it was - rounded tussock-covered hills...

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 20 March 2008, 5:04 AM  
wish they'd dug up the rest of those rounded tussock-covered hills we ran on...

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz