maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Waitangi Transport

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 21 January 2008, 12:13 PM  
Myself, Riki and Georgia are all going up to the Waitangi Carnival. We are seeking some transport for the carnival. None of us at this stage have any transport from Auckland to Taupo, and to each of the events around the place. We can contribute towards petrol costs in return.

I have not booked any accommodation for the first night to keep my options open. Riki and I are staying at the organized accommodation in Hamilton, and plan to camp at Parakai for the final few events.

All three of us fly in to Auckland on the 1st
Georgia and Riki about 2pm
And I fly in later in the evening at 6:45pm

Riki and I fly out on the 10th (me at 7:30pm)

Any help with rides around and about you can email me tanecambridge AT gmail.com and would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and by the way its not necessary that we travel together either, if that increases the possibility of a ride

Thanks,
Tane

This message was edited by Tane Cambridge on 21 January 2008, 8:16 PM

Show Profile  John Marshall Posted: 30 January 2008, 12:38 AM  
A separate request from Tane's:

I'm nipping down to Wellington for a wedding on the Friday and flying back to Auckland on the Saturday morning, hopefully in time to get to the Hedley Road event.

My plane gets in at 8am, so I should be able to be somewhere suitably central for a rendevous by say 9am. Hopefully there's someone with a late enough start time who might be able to give me a ride to the event (this is Saturday 9th, Hedley Rd, event 8)?

To be sure, this seemed more feasible when I booked the flight two months ago than today when I see that the first starts are at 10am!

Thanks,
John (kiwi.john at gmail.com)

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 30 January 2008, 6:02 AM  
Yo John, am picking Penny up at around that time, as long as I can find a friend to lend me a car :-). Can probably pick you up then too. give me an email jamesbrianstewart@gmail.com

Show Profile  Omum Posted: 31 January 2008, 2:40 AM  
Hi John & Jamie
Laura & I are on the flight from Wellington arriving at 8 am & picking up a rental car.
Sounds like a possibility is that I pick up John & Penny to save Jamie a trip to the airport...Let me know if this would suit.
Anna Robertson

Show Profile  Lauri Posted: 31 January 2008, 7:11 AM  
Hi there,

I'm a Finnish student and participating to Waitangi O-week. I would be more than grateful if someone offered me a transport for the whole week. I'm a backpacker and hiring a car would be too expensive by myself.

I'm staying now for a couple of days here in Taupo before the Waitangi week starts. Could anyone pick me up from the Rainbow Lodge, address 99 Titiraupenga St.? Of course, I'll pay my part of the fuel costs etc.

I don't have any accommodation for Auckland but in Hamilton I'll probably stay in group accommodation. Thank you.

Lauri
lauri.sorsa@tut.fi
+358407317450

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz