maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Waitangi Carneval

Show Profile  Swedenmarie Posted: 6 January 2008, 4:12 AM  
Hello!
I'm swedish backpacker who loves orienteering. I've entered the competition and it would be great if I could hook up with a club and share transport and accomodation, since I don't know anyone here and I don't have a car.

Any help and tips are warmly welcome. // Marie

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 6 January 2008, 5:13 AM  
If you're in the Wellington area before the races, see my earlier posting in the "Waitangi Entry all go" thread... Otherwise if you can make it to the 1st Taupo race yourself there will be plenty of people willing and able to help - NZ orienteers are usually friendly and rarely bite strangers, so just ask someone.

As for accomodation, most people will camp at Katoa Po venue that night, then move on to the place that the organising team have booked near Hamilton, then for the last Auckland bit a lot of people will probably camp at Parakai, a small town with hot springs NW of Auckland and much closer to at least the Saturday race than the city is. So if you've got a tent I'd advise doing the same.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 8 January 2008, 4:24 AM  
Marie, where in NZ will you be coming from?

Show Profile  Swedenmarie Posted: 11 January 2008, 11:22 AM  
Thanks for all help. I think I've solved my problem. See you all at the competition.

Cheers!//Marie

Show Profile  Kate Posted: 11 January 2008, 11:40 AM  
If you are still looking for accommodation for Hamilton check the accommodation link on the Waitangi website and give me an email kate.e.rea@gmail.com

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz